Royston man in court over drugs charges following raids
A MAN from Royston appeared in court on Tuesday charged with producing cannabis.
Neil Vandermerwe, 25, was also charged with two counts of possession of cannabis or cannabis resin and abstracting or using electricity without authority.
The Swinburne Close resident was first arrested on December 20 following raids on six homes in Royston that discovered cannabis factories at addresses in Swinburne Close and Yeats Close.
Thirty police, including Royston Safer Neighbourhoods Team and dog units, also raided homes in Willowside Way, Chiltern Road, Lindsay Close, and Layston Park, with suspected stolen goods, �10,000 in cash, and a taser, which constitutes an illegal firearm, also found.
Since the raids, a 49-year-old man from Royston has had charges of money laundering against him dropped.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy, 21-year-old man, 28-year-old man, and 21-year-old woman have been re-bailed until later this month linked with possible possession of a firearm.
No action was taken against a 26-year-old man from Royston in connection with a firearm, although he was cautioned in relation to cultivating cannabis, along with a 22-year-old from Royston.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
Vandermerwe had his case adjourned until April 26.