Royston man in court over drugs charges following raids
A MAN from Royston appeared in court on Tuesday charged with producing cannabis.
Neil Vandermerwe, 25, was also charged with two counts of possession of cannabis or cannabis resin and abstracting or using electricity without authority.
The Swinburne Close resident was first arrested on December 20 following raids on six homes in Royston that discovered cannabis factories at addresses in Swinburne Close and Yeats Close.
Thirty police, including Royston Safer Neighbourhoods Team and dog units, also raided homes in Willowside Way, Chiltern Road, Lindsay Close, and Layston Park, with suspected stolen goods, �10,000 in cash, and a taser, which constitutes an illegal firearm, also found.
Since the raids, a 49-year-old man from Royston has had charges of money laundering against him dropped.
You may also want to watch:
A 17-year-old boy, 21-year-old man, 28-year-old man, and 21-year-old woman have been re-bailed until later this month linked with possible possession of a firearm.
No action was taken against a 26-year-old man from Royston in connection with a firearm, although he was cautioned in relation to cultivating cannabis, along with a 22-year-old from Royston.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 7 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 8 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
Vandermerwe had his case adjourned until April 26.