Royston man encourages town to take on Movember challenge
- Credit: Archant
A Royston man is encouraging people to take on the top lip challenge and grow a silly moustache for Movember.
Have a look out for innovative moustache creations tomorrow as the light-hearted activity with serious intent returns to Royston.
Movember is an international fund raising initiative in support research and action on prostate and testicular cancer, as well as male mental health.
Chris Lee, of Mill Road, is taking on the challenge for the third year in a row, having been motivated by the experience of a friend being diagnosed with prostate cancer three years ago.
The 59-year-old said: “Most men of my age are affected by their prostates but many are reluctant to discuss personal health issues – even with friends,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“As with most cancers, early diagnosis and treatment is vital, so being aware of symptoms is important.
“Growing a moustache – particularly a silly one – is visible so it raises questions and starts conversations in a natural and informal way.”
- 1 Man to face court after admitting to £15,000 cigarette stealing spree
- 2 Royston man celebrates 100th birthday after recovering from COVID-19
- 3 County council leader praises sacrifice made by residents during lockdown
- 4 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 5 Have your say on A505 Litlington turning proposals
- 6 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 7 Special report: An insight into dog theft in Hertfordshire
- 8 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
- 9 £100m from This Land could be 'Never Land'
- 10 Mental health support group encouraging you to #Walkandtalk
To sponsor Chris to grow a silly moustache, go to www.mobro.co/leeinroyston.
The campaign’s objective is to raise awareness of health issues, specifically those affecting men.
Movember aims to increase early detection, diagnosis and effective treatment, as this will ultimately reduce the number of deaths from cancer.
Find out more at more www.uk.movember.com.