Royston Macmillan Summer Ball due to take place tomorrow delayed by two months
- Credit: Archant
A charity ball that was due to take place tomorrow in Royston has been delayed by two months, event organisers have confirmed.
The Macmillan Summer Ball at The Heath has been postponed until the end of August.
A spokeswoman for MacMillan said: “We had so many people who wanted to support Macmillan and come to the event, but were unable to make that date.
“So it has been decided that this will now be an end of summer ball on August 29.
“We have had great support from local businesses with raffle prizes and there will even be the opportunity to win a diamond on the evening.”
You may also want to watch:
The change of date was announced today.
The team behind the ball broke the news on Facebook saying: “The Heath events team regrets to announce the Heath Summer Ball is being postponed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 6 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 7 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
“We are consulting everyone due to attend.
“Many thanks for your continued support, The Heath team.”
For updates, visit the Facebook page by searching Royston Heath.