Royston Macmillan Summer Ball due to take place tomorrow delayed by two months
- Credit: Archant
A charity ball that was due to take place tomorrow in Royston has been delayed by two months, event organisers have confirmed.
The Macmillan Summer Ball at The Heath has been postponed until the end of August.
A spokeswoman for MacMillan said: “We had so many people who wanted to support Macmillan and come to the event, but were unable to make that date.
“So it has been decided that this will now be an end of summer ball on August 29.
“We have had great support from local businesses with raffle prizes and there will even be the opportunity to win a diamond on the evening.”
You may also want to watch:
The change of date was announced today.
The team behind the ball broke the news on Facebook saying: “The Heath events team regrets to announce the Heath Summer Ball is being postponed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
“We are consulting everyone due to attend.
“Many thanks for your continued support, The Heath team.”
For updates, visit the Facebook page by searching Royston Heath.