Royston Macmillan Summer Ball due to take place tomorrow delayed by two months
- Credit: Archant
A charity ball that was due to take place tomorrow in Royston has been delayed by two months, event organisers have confirmed.
The Macmillan Summer Ball at The Heath has been postponed until the end of August.
A spokeswoman for MacMillan said: “We had so many people who wanted to support Macmillan and come to the event, but were unable to make that date.
“So it has been decided that this will now be an end of summer ball on August 29.
“We have had great support from local businesses with raffle prizes and there will even be the opportunity to win a diamond on the evening.”
The change of date was announced today.
The team behind the ball broke the news on Facebook saying: “The Heath events team regrets to announce the Heath Summer Ball is being postponed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 6 Hertfordshire's Wilkestock festival to return after licensing row resolved
- 7 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 8 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Royston Methodists welcome leading figures to church
- 10 World IBD Day: Crohn's disease sufferer speaks out
“We are consulting everyone due to attend.
“Many thanks for your continued support, The Heath team.”
For updates, visit the Facebook page by searching Royston Heath.