Royston Macmillan Summer Ball due to take place tomorrow delayed by two months
- Credit: Archant
A charity ball that was due to take place tomorrow in Royston has been delayed by two months, event organisers have confirmed.
The Macmillan Summer Ball at The Heath has been postponed until the end of August.
A spokeswoman for MacMillan said: “We had so many people who wanted to support Macmillan and come to the event, but were unable to make that date.
“So it has been decided that this will now be an end of summer ball on August 29.
“We have had great support from local businesses with raffle prizes and there will even be the opportunity to win a diamond on the evening.”
You may also want to watch:
The change of date was announced today.
The team behind the ball broke the news on Facebook saying: “The Heath events team regrets to announce the Heath Summer Ball is being postponed due to unforeseen circumstances.
- 1 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 2 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 3 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 4 Conservators criticised for 'not taking infestation and public health seriously' as rat cull continues
- 5 Flasher admits touching himself in public and assaulting police officers
- 6 COVID marshals to be recruited in Herts amid fears of a third wave
- 7 What's on this weekend? 9 ideas for things to do this May Bank Holiday
- 8 Royston resident's laptop replaced after house fire drama thanks to generous new community fund
- 9 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 10 'Spirit of the Wild' visits Royston schoolchildren
“We are consulting everyone due to attend.
“Many thanks for your continued support, The Heath team.”
For updates, visit the Facebook page by searching Royston Heath.