Shepreth garden centre coffee morning raises money for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Dobbies Garden Centre in Shepreth hosted a ‘Raise a Cup’ event to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
‘Raise a Cup’ ran from Wednesday, September 23, to Sunday, September 27, with visitors able to enjoy a cake and a hot drink and make a donation to the charity.
There was also a chance to win a cake bundle by guessing its weight, with one winner selected from each Dobbies store.
Macmillan is encouraging the public to do ‘whatever it takes’ to get involved in their annual coffee fundraiser, which turns 30 this year.
Speaking before the event, Dobbies chief executive Graeme Jenkins said: “Macmillan Cancer Support deliver amazing work and we hope that our ‘Raise a Cup’ event contributes to the fantastic fundraising efforts taking place across the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
Dobbies also held a Facebook Live event which raised additional donations for the charity.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire