Shepreth garden centre coffee morning raises money for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Dobbies Garden Centre in Shepreth hosted a ‘Raise a Cup’ event to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
‘Raise a Cup’ ran from Wednesday, September 23, to Sunday, September 27, with visitors able to enjoy a cake and a hot drink and make a donation to the charity.
There was also a chance to win a cake bundle by guessing its weight, with one winner selected from each Dobbies store.
Macmillan is encouraging the public to do ‘whatever it takes’ to get involved in their annual coffee fundraiser, which turns 30 this year.
Speaking before the event, Dobbies chief executive Graeme Jenkins said: “Macmillan Cancer Support deliver amazing work and we hope that our ‘Raise a Cup’ event contributes to the fantastic fundraising efforts taking place across the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
Dobbies also held a Facebook Live event which raised additional donations for the charity.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 6 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 9 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 10 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction