Shepreth garden centre coffee morning raises money for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Dobbies Garden Centre in Shepreth hosted a ‘Raise a Cup’ event to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
‘Raise a Cup’ ran from Wednesday, September 23, to Sunday, September 27, with visitors able to enjoy a cake and a hot drink and make a donation to the charity.
There was also a chance to win a cake bundle by guessing its weight, with one winner selected from each Dobbies store.
Macmillan is encouraging the public to do ‘whatever it takes’ to get involved in their annual coffee fundraiser, which turns 30 this year.
Speaking before the event, Dobbies chief executive Graeme Jenkins said: “Macmillan Cancer Support deliver amazing work and we hope that our ‘Raise a Cup’ event contributes to the fantastic fundraising efforts taking place across the UK.”
You may also want to watch:
Dobbies also held a Facebook Live event which raised additional donations for the charity.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week