Royston Leisure Centre hosts Christmas market
A leisure centre hopes to boost trade in Royston at a Christmas Market which will showcase local firms.
Royston Leisure Centre is hosting the market on Sunday, December 1, between 1pm-4pm.
James Moore, from Royston Leisure Centre, said: “The centre will host 20 local companies, who will be selling their goods and services. During the day there will also be free swimming, children’s soft play and special exercise classes available, a small donation to charity will be suggested.
“The event is designed to increase the amount of Christmas trade within the town and encourage people to try what Royston has to offer rather than automatically looking elsewhere. Children are welcome along to enjoy the market, try the soft play activities and meet Santa in his grotto.”
The event will run through the afternoon with refreshments available. There will also be the chance to meet the centre’s two children’s mascots, Lenny the Lion and Zayn the Duck.
You may also want to watch:
Call 01763 255190 or visit facebook.com/roytsonleisurecentre for more details.
- 1 Royston photographer wins abstract picture competition
- 2 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 3 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 4 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 5 Person dies after being hit by train near Welwyn Garden City railway station
- 6 Person hit by train between London Kings Cross and Stevenage
- 7 Star turns make Netflix movie Malcolm & Marie 'a real must-see'
- 8 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease