Royston Leisure Centre hosts Christmas market
A leisure centre hopes to boost trade in Royston at a Christmas Market which will showcase local firms.
Royston Leisure Centre is hosting the market on Sunday, December 1, between 1pm-4pm.
James Moore, from Royston Leisure Centre, said: “The centre will host 20 local companies, who will be selling their goods and services. During the day there will also be free swimming, children’s soft play and special exercise classes available, a small donation to charity will be suggested.
“The event is designed to increase the amount of Christmas trade within the town and encourage people to try what Royston has to offer rather than automatically looking elsewhere. Children are welcome along to enjoy the market, try the soft play activities and meet Santa in his grotto.”
The event will run through the afternoon with refreshments available. There will also be the chance to meet the centre’s two children’s mascots, Lenny the Lion and Zayn the Duck.
You may also want to watch:
Call 01763 255190 or visit facebook.com/roytsonleisurecentre for more details.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 Royston Arts Festival committee overcomes COVID difficulties to bring back events
- 5 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 6 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 7 Barkway Lit Fest proves to be a real page-turner
- 8 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis