Royston Leisure Centre hosts Christmas market
A leisure centre hopes to boost trade in Royston at a Christmas Market which will showcase local firms.
Royston Leisure Centre is hosting the market on Sunday, December 1, between 1pm-4pm.
James Moore, from Royston Leisure Centre, said: “The centre will host 20 local companies, who will be selling their goods and services. During the day there will also be free swimming, children’s soft play and special exercise classes available, a small donation to charity will be suggested.
“The event is designed to increase the amount of Christmas trade within the town and encourage people to try what Royston has to offer rather than automatically looking elsewhere. Children are welcome along to enjoy the market, try the soft play activities and meet Santa in his grotto.”
The event will run through the afternoon with refreshments available. There will also be the chance to meet the centre’s two children’s mascots, Lenny the Lion and Zayn the Duck.
You may also want to watch:
Call 01763 255190 or visit facebook.com/roytsonleisurecentre for more details.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win