Royston lady prasied by Justin Lee Collins at awards night
A SLIMMING-WORLD co-ordinator from Royston was praised by a television presenter at an awards night last week.
Joanne Mitchell, who runs Slimming World groups in Royston Evangelical Church, met Justin Lee Collins at the club’s national end of year event last week.
Joanne said: “Meeting Justin Lee Collins was the perfect ending to what’s been an amazing year for Slimming World Royston.
“At this time of year lots of people will be pledging to slim down, and we’d love anyone who wants to make their New Year’s resolution a reality to come join us at the Royston Evangelical Church.”
Bristolian funnyman Collins, famous for presenting The Sunday Night Project, said: “I met some really inspirational people. Not only the slimmers who collected awards for losing weight and changing their lives, but also the amazing people like Joanne who run the groups and support them along their journey.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.slimmingworld.com for information about the groups in Royston.
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 9 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash