Royston lady prasied by Justin Lee Collins at awards night
A SLIMMING-WORLD co-ordinator from Royston was praised by a television presenter at an awards night last week.
Joanne Mitchell, who runs Slimming World groups in Royston Evangelical Church, met Justin Lee Collins at the club’s national end of year event last week.
Joanne said: “Meeting Justin Lee Collins was the perfect ending to what’s been an amazing year for Slimming World Royston.
“At this time of year lots of people will be pledging to slim down, and we’d love anyone who wants to make their New Year’s resolution a reality to come join us at the Royston Evangelical Church.”
Bristolian funnyman Collins, famous for presenting The Sunday Night Project, said: “I met some really inspirational people. Not only the slimmers who collected awards for losing weight and changing their lives, but also the amazing people like Joanne who run the groups and support them along their journey.”
Visit www.slimmingworld.com for information about the groups in Royston.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 5 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'