Royston lady prasied by Justin Lee Collins at awards night
A SLIMMING-WORLD co-ordinator from Royston was praised by a television presenter at an awards night last week.
Joanne Mitchell, who runs Slimming World groups in Royston Evangelical Church, met Justin Lee Collins at the club’s national end of year event last week.
Joanne said: “Meeting Justin Lee Collins was the perfect ending to what’s been an amazing year for Slimming World Royston.
“At this time of year lots of people will be pledging to slim down, and we’d love anyone who wants to make their New Year’s resolution a reality to come join us at the Royston Evangelical Church.”
Bristolian funnyman Collins, famous for presenting The Sunday Night Project, said: “I met some really inspirational people. Not only the slimmers who collected awards for losing weight and changing their lives, but also the amazing people like Joanne who run the groups and support them along their journey.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.slimmingworld.com for information about the groups in Royston.
- 1 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 2 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 3 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 'It's such a relief' - Shops, pubs and more reopen as lockdown eases
- 6 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 7 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 8 Consultation on East West Rail route opens
- 9 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended