Family support charity organises Royston Kite Festival kids’ art competition
- Credit: Archant
A family support charity is urging youngsters to take part in their art competition ahead of this year’s Royston Kite Festival.
The competition, organised by Home-Start Royston & South Cambs, is open to children up to the age of 11 and will be judged in the following categories – under 3s, three to five-year-olds, six to eight, and nine to 11-year-olds.
Those taking part should design a kite picture on a piece of A4 paper or card, and on the back include name, age and telephone number.
Post your entry by Friday, August 3, to Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire, Unit 6 Valley Farm, Station Road, Meldreth, SG8 6JP or go along and see representatives on the HSRSC stall at the kite festival on August 5 at Therfield Heath and do your picture then.
There will be a display of pictures on the stall and entries will be judged towards the end of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes will be awarded for each age category and winners will be notified.
For more information, call the Home-Start office on 01763 262262.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 5 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses