Family support charity organises Royston Kite Festival kids’ art competition
- Credit: Archant
A family support charity is urging youngsters to take part in their art competition ahead of this year’s Royston Kite Festival.
The competition, organised by Home-Start Royston & South Cambs, is open to children up to the age of 11 and will be judged in the following categories – under 3s, three to five-year-olds, six to eight, and nine to 11-year-olds.
Those taking part should design a kite picture on a piece of A4 paper or card, and on the back include name, age and telephone number.
Post your entry by Friday, August 3, to Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire, Unit 6 Valley Farm, Station Road, Meldreth, SG8 6JP or go along and see representatives on the HSRSC stall at the kite festival on August 5 at Therfield Heath and do your picture then.
There will be a display of pictures on the stall and entries will be judged towards the end of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes will be awarded for each age category and winners will be notified.
For more information, call the Home-Start office on 01763 262262.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening