Family support charity organises Royston Kite Festival kids’ art competition
- Credit: Archant
A family support charity is urging youngsters to take part in their art competition ahead of this year’s Royston Kite Festival.
The competition, organised by Home-Start Royston & South Cambs, is open to children up to the age of 11 and will be judged in the following categories – under 3s, three to five-year-olds, six to eight, and nine to 11-year-olds.
Those taking part should design a kite picture on a piece of A4 paper or card, and on the back include name, age and telephone number.
Post your entry by Friday, August 3, to Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire, Unit 6 Valley Farm, Station Road, Meldreth, SG8 6JP or go along and see representatives on the HSRSC stall at the kite festival on August 5 at Therfield Heath and do your picture then.
There will be a display of pictures on the stall and entries will be judged towards the end of the event.
You may also want to watch:
Prizes will be awarded for each age category and winners will be notified.
For more information, call the Home-Start office on 01763 262262.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator