Royston in Blue to run again thanks to generosity of businesses
- Credit: Archant
A CHARITY run which attracted hundreds of entries in 2012 will be held again this year, thanks to donations from local businesses.
Royston in Blue’s committee has announced it will run the successful event again, after businesses stepped forward with sponsorship.
Accountants UHY WKH, which is based in Kneesworth Street in Royston, first presented a cheque for £500 to keep the event going.
Since then, Johnson Matthey, TTP, Curwens, Redrow, Chapter Five, Royston Veterinary Centre, Sagentia, Great Fit, Travis Perkins, NCPI and Trademark Kitchens have come forward to offer sponsorship, which means the event can now go ahead.
The 5k family friendly run/walk takes place on Therfield Heath, Royston.
You may also want to watch:
Last year, more than 800 entrants created a wave of blue across the heath, despite torrential rain.
Lisa Thompson, chairman of Royston in Blue, said: “Entrants raised a staggering £26,000 last year for Teenage Cancer Trust and organisers are hoping to match that figure this year.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
“All entrants will receive a sponsorship pack including a Royston in Blue T-shirt, and a medal for all those who complete the route.”
Any business which wishes to sponsor Royston in Blue can contact the committee via the website at www.roystoninblue.co.uk
This year’s event takes place on Sunday, June 23 with who enter will be asked to raise sponsorship for the Teenage Cancer Trust.