Royston in Blue raises nearly £18,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Royston in Blue fun run has raised nearly £18,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The committee had great pleasure in presenting a phenomenal cheque of £17,924.69 to Judith Anderson, East Anglia’s regional fundraiser for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The Royston in Blue 5k fun run/walk took place in June, with the highest number of participants – 800 in total.
Ms Anderson said: “we can’t thank Royston in Blue enough and also the generosity of the Royston Community for supporting this well-established event.”
“Also the committee presented the highest adult fundraiser a month’s membership donated by the Royston Leisure Centre to Phillida Shaw who raised £1,605 and the highest child fundraiser, Lauren Collingwood who raised £300 and received 10 free swims from the leisure centre.
The committee also said farewell to their chairperson of seven years, Lisa Thompson, who helped raise £120k.
Next year’s date has now been confirmed for Sunday, June 23, 2019, at 11am at Therfield Heath.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 8 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 9 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told