Royston in Blue raises nearly £18,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
This year’s Royston in Blue fun run has raised nearly £18,000 for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The committee had great pleasure in presenting a phenomenal cheque of £17,924.69 to Judith Anderson, East Anglia’s regional fundraiser for the Teenage Cancer Trust.
The Royston in Blue 5k fun run/walk took place in June, with the highest number of participants – 800 in total.
Ms Anderson said: “we can’t thank Royston in Blue enough and also the generosity of the Royston Community for supporting this well-established event.”
“Also the committee presented the highest adult fundraiser a month’s membership donated by the Royston Leisure Centre to Phillida Shaw who raised £1,605 and the highest child fundraiser, Lauren Collingwood who raised £300 and received 10 free swims from the leisure centre.
You may also want to watch:
The committee also said farewell to their chairperson of seven years, Lisa Thompson, who helped raise £120k.
Next year’s date has now been confirmed for Sunday, June 23, 2019, at 11am at Therfield Heath.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms