Still time to enter Royston 5k fun run
- Credit: Archant
Royston in Blue is back for its eighth annual 5k run this month.
The event - which attracts around 800 participants each year - is to take place on Therfield Heath at 11am on Sunday, June 23, with a warm-up commencing at 10.40am.
The event raised almost £18,000 last year for the Herts-based Teenage Cancer Trust, bringing the running total at the end of 2018 to more than £137,000.
With sponsors of the event including Royston-based firms Johnson Matthey and Enfield Electrical, Royston in Blue is aiming to smash last year's target.
Gerry's Ice Cream and Fyffes Bananas are among the companies supplying treats for the runners, with Top Form also doing deep tissue massages after the race.
You may also want to watch:
The new town mayor, Councillor Robert Inwood, will also be in attendance.
Those who entered the fun run before June 4 can collect their T-shirts between 10am and 12 noon tomorrow at Therfield Heath.
Entry is £14 for adults and £8 for under 18s. To enter visit roystoninblue.co.uk.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event