Still time to enter Royston 5k fun run
- Credit: Archant
Royston in Blue is back for its eighth annual 5k run this month.
The event - which attracts around 800 participants each year - is to take place on Therfield Heath at 11am on Sunday, June 23, with a warm-up commencing at 10.40am.
The event raised almost £18,000 last year for the Herts-based Teenage Cancer Trust, bringing the running total at the end of 2018 to more than £137,000.
With sponsors of the event including Royston-based firms Johnson Matthey and Enfield Electrical, Royston in Blue is aiming to smash last year's target.
Gerry's Ice Cream and Fyffes Bananas are among the companies supplying treats for the runners, with Top Form also doing deep tissue massages after the race.
You may also want to watch:
The new town mayor, Councillor Robert Inwood, will also be in attendance.
Those who entered the fun run before June 4 can collect their T-shirts between 10am and 12 noon tomorrow at Therfield Heath.
Entry is £14 for adults and £8 for under 18s. To enter visit roystoninblue.co.uk.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 4 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 7 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 10 Flasher admits touching himself in public and assaulting police officers