Royston Hospital Action Group wants your ideas
- Credit: Archant
AN ACTION group is asking for the public for their ideas.
Royston Hospital Action Group will be meeting with Propco, the arm of the NHS that deals with facilities, on Tuesday to discuss the future of the hospital.
The hospital on London Road was due to close in April, with all health services transferring to an extended Royston Health Centre in Baldock Road.
But it was given a reprieve after bosses decided to have a “pause for reflection”.
A spokesman for the action group said: “We would still be pleased to receive further ideas from people in Royston and the area for health and social care services and facilities for the site, for us to give the NHS at the meeting.”
You may also want to watch:
The possible closure of Royston Hospital led to campaigners forming the Royston Hospital Action Group (RHAG), which has been trying to preserve the use of the site for the people of the town.
Last month they joined the Friends of Royston Hospital in getting the facility listed as an asset of community value, meaning a community bid could be launched to buy the site.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 3 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 4 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 5 Parents struggling with homeschooling to get boost from book donors
- 6 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 7 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Wildlife photographer's lockdown calendar raises money for those in need
What would you like to see included in a modern health hub?
Email views by Monday at saveroyston email@example.com or leave a letter addressed to RHAG at any of the three GP practices in Royston or the practice in Barley, by Monday lunchtime.