Royston Hockey Club ‘deeply saddened’ by news former player Rose Polge is missing
- Credit: Archant
The president of Royston Hockey Club has spoken of their devastation at the news that a former player is missing.
Rose Polge, a junior doctor whose family live in Melbourn, was last seen in Torquay on Friday.
More than 100 people have been involved in search operations to find the 25-year-old who lives in Devon, including close friends and family. Her father Mark is a doctor at Roysia Surgery in Royston.
Royston Hockey Club president Colin Smith said: “The hockey club is deeply saddened by the news and our thoughts are with the Polge family.
“The whole family have been involved with our club as players and umpires over many years and Mark is a family doctor to many of us.
You may also want to watch:
“We are deeply saddened by the news and we pray for some good news.”
District councillor for Melbourn, Jose Hales, said: “My heart goes out to the family at this terrible time. The pain and worry they must be feeling is unimaginable. Melbourn has a strong community and will no doubt rally round to support the Polge family at this difficult time.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
If you have seen Rose or have any information that could help police with their enquiries, call Devon and Cornwall police on 101 quoting log 704 for the 15th February.