Royston Hockey Club ‘deeply saddened’ by news former player Rose Polge is missing
- Credit: Archant
The president of Royston Hockey Club has spoken of their devastation at the news that a former player is missing.
Rose Polge, a junior doctor whose family live in Melbourn, was last seen in Torquay on Friday.
More than 100 people have been involved in search operations to find the 25-year-old who lives in Devon, including close friends and family. Her father Mark is a doctor at Roysia Surgery in Royston.
Royston Hockey Club president Colin Smith said: “The hockey club is deeply saddened by the news and our thoughts are with the Polge family.
“The whole family have been involved with our club as players and umpires over many years and Mark is a family doctor to many of us.
You may also want to watch:
“We are deeply saddened by the news and we pray for some good news.”
District councillor for Melbourn, Jose Hales, said: “My heart goes out to the family at this terrible time. The pain and worry they must be feeling is unimaginable. Melbourn has a strong community and will no doubt rally round to support the Polge family at this difficult time.”
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
If you have seen Rose or have any information that could help police with their enquiries, call Devon and Cornwall police on 101 quoting log 704 for the 15th February.