Royston Hockey Club ‘deeply saddened’ by news former player Rose Polge is missing
- Credit: Archant
The president of Royston Hockey Club has spoken of their devastation at the news that a former player is missing.
Rose Polge, a junior doctor whose family live in Melbourn, was last seen in Torquay on Friday.
More than 100 people have been involved in search operations to find the 25-year-old who lives in Devon, including close friends and family. Her father Mark is a doctor at Roysia Surgery in Royston.
Royston Hockey Club president Colin Smith said: “The hockey club is deeply saddened by the news and our thoughts are with the Polge family.
“The whole family have been involved with our club as players and umpires over many years and Mark is a family doctor to many of us.
“We are deeply saddened by the news and we pray for some good news.”
District councillor for Melbourn, Jose Hales, said: “My heart goes out to the family at this terrible time. The pain and worry they must be feeling is unimaginable. Melbourn has a strong community and will no doubt rally round to support the Polge family at this difficult time.”
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 3 Recap: Severe disruption on Great Northern and Thameslink trains to London
- 4 Met Office weather: Yellow storm and flood warning for East of England
- 5 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 Children invited to take part in town trail for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Reed's National Village Cup hopes ended in nail-biting finale
- 8 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
- 9 Fast and frenetic racing as Cycle Club Ashwell shine at grass track cycling meet
- 10 Royston Scouts raise money to attend jamboree in Korea
If you have seen Rose or have any information that could help police with their enquiries, call Devon and Cornwall police on 101 quoting log 704 for the 15th February.