Royston hairdresser honoured at Hertfordshire Salon Awards
A Royston hairdresser has been honoured at the Hertfordshire Salon Awards 2019 – winning Colourist of the Year.
Hannah Burling, who is the owner of Studio 26 in Royston, attended the awards in Bishops Stortford with her husband Chris.
She told the Crow: "I have no idea who nominated me, I only found out when they emailed me with tickets to the awards.
"It was a really good night, I didn't expect to win and when they said my name I couldn't believe it. I was really nervous - I'm a really shy person, and thought I would go up and fall flat on my face! I wasn't expecting it at all."
The 33-year-old, who has lived in Royston since she was 15, opened the salon four years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I love colour work so to win this award and be recognised in this way is amazing."
For more on Hannah's salon in Royston High Street, search 'Studio 26' on Facebook.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 4 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 5 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 6 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 9 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation