Royston hairdresser honoured at Hertfordshire Salon Awards
A Royston hairdresser has been honoured at the Hertfordshire Salon Awards 2019 – winning Colourist of the Year.
Hannah Burling, who is the owner of Studio 26 in Royston, attended the awards in Bishops Stortford with her husband Chris.
She told the Crow: "I have no idea who nominated me, I only found out when they emailed me with tickets to the awards.
"It was a really good night, I didn't expect to win and when they said my name I couldn't believe it. I was really nervous - I'm a really shy person, and thought I would go up and fall flat on my face! I wasn't expecting it at all."
The 33-year-old, who has lived in Royston since she was 15, opened the salon four years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I love colour work so to win this award and be recognised in this way is amazing."
For more on Hannah's salon in Royston High Street, search 'Studio 26' on Facebook.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange