Royston hairdresser honoured at Hertfordshire Salon Awards
A Royston hairdresser has been honoured at the Hertfordshire Salon Awards 2019 – winning Colourist of the Year.
Hannah Burling, who is the owner of Studio 26 in Royston, attended the awards in Bishops Stortford with her husband Chris.
She told the Crow: "I have no idea who nominated me, I only found out when they emailed me with tickets to the awards.
"It was a really good night, I didn't expect to win and when they said my name I couldn't believe it. I was really nervous - I'm a really shy person, and thought I would go up and fall flat on my face! I wasn't expecting it at all."
The 33-year-old, who has lived in Royston since she was 15, opened the salon four years ago.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I love colour work so to win this award and be recognised in this way is amazing."
For more on Hannah's salon in Royston High Street, search 'Studio 26' on Facebook.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 7 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone