Royston girl in Miss Hertfordshire semi final
A GIRL from Royston is getting ready to wow the judges at the semi-finals of the Miss Hertfordshire competition.
Chelsea Bagnall, 17, made the cut of 70 from thousands of entries after her mum Tina Falzon entered her without her knowing.
Former Meridian pupil Chelsea said: “I didn’t know my mum was going to do this but I am glad she did, and now I’m really excited for the semi-final.
“She has taken so many pictures of me and just decided to send one in and see what happens. I haven’t done any modelling before but I would like to, and hope it opens up some opportunities.”
Chelsea, of Shakespeare, will now go to the Galleria in Hatfield on February 27 where she will have headshots taken, hoping she makes the final 40 at the Gordon Craig Theatre in Stevenage. The winner will receive automatic entry to the Miss England final.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Falzon, who was the Miss Royston carnival queen in 25 years ago, said: “I am very proud of my daughter. We just did it as a fun thing really, and I’m glad she was happy with me that I did it.
“I enjoy taking pictures of her in different outfits and I sent off the ones I wanted.”
- 1 Ofcom investigation into problem key fobs at Tesco Royston concludes
- 2 Pupils to return to school as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Grandmother who got on a motorcycle aged 105 passes away
- 4 North Hertfordshire's inspirational volunteers recognised in awards
- 5 Fire-hit parish church secures vital cash boost
- 6 COVID deaths fall by 50% in Herts hospitals
- 7 Have your say at virtual town meeting
- 8 Aircraft museum celebrates 85 years since the Spitfire's maiden flight
- 9 Pupils become journalists for class topic
- 10 Council tax set to rise in South Cambs to help support frontline services
Chelsea is currently looking for a sponsor in case she makes the final. The company will be advertised on her sash, as well as in the programme.
If your company is interested, please contact Tina Falzon on 01763247421 or 07504983757.