Royston gets rocking at summer event to remember
- Credit: Archant
Royston was swarming with revellers on Saturday as crowds flocked to the town centre for the annual Summer Rock and Summer Soul To The Square bonanza.
The Summer Rock event, hosted by Royston Means Business, saw an exciting mix of stalls, live bands and tasty food to get people in the mood to party.
From 12pm, Fish Hill Square came alive with the Summer Soul party hosted by popular hot-spot Ad Hoc Bar and Kitchen.
There were live bands, guest DJs, a barbecue, outside bars and a tasty hog roast to boot.
Royston band Screen People took to the stage, and tweeted their gratitude afterwards, saying: “Thank you very much to everyone who supported us at Summer Soul To The Square! #thankyou :).”
You may also want to watch:
The event also raised money for local charity Cam Sight, which supports people with sight loss, as well as their carers and family to maintain a good quality of life.
- 1 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 2 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 3 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 6 Walkers put their best foot forward for floating hospital
- 7 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 8 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 9 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 10 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week