Royston funeral directors plan to brew up funds for Garden House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Royston funeral director is hoping to brew up some funds for charity by serving tea and cake on market day.
Newlings of Royston, based in Fish Hill, will be putting the kettle on from Wednesday, May 4, between 10am until 1pm to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Hot drinks and cakes provided by Mello are available for a small donation of £5, for which punters will also receive a hospice mug and coaster to take away.
Funeral director Andy Mcfadyen said: “This is a really enjoyable way to help raise funds and awareness of not only what the hospice can offer, but the service that we can provide as a local funeral directors.
“We hope that people in the town will take the opportunity to take the weight off their feet and enjoy a cuppa and a cake before getting back to some serious shopping.”
You may also want to watch:
Based in Letchworth, the Garden House Hospice serves communities in North Herts and Stevenage.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 8 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 9 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 10 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes