Royston funeral directors plan to brew up funds for Garden House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Royston funeral director is hoping to brew up some funds for charity by serving tea and cake on market day.
Newlings of Royston, based in Fish Hill, will be putting the kettle on from Wednesday, May 4, between 10am until 1pm to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Hot drinks and cakes provided by Mello are available for a small donation of £5, for which punters will also receive a hospice mug and coaster to take away.
Funeral director Andy Mcfadyen said: “This is a really enjoyable way to help raise funds and awareness of not only what the hospice can offer, but the service that we can provide as a local funeral directors.
“We hope that people in the town will take the opportunity to take the weight off their feet and enjoy a cuppa and a cake before getting back to some serious shopping.”
You may also want to watch:
Based in Letchworth, the Garden House Hospice serves communities in North Herts and Stevenage.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks