Royston funeral directors plan to brew up funds for Garden House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Royston funeral director is hoping to brew up some funds for charity by serving tea and cake on market day.
Newlings of Royston, based in Fish Hill, will be putting the kettle on from Wednesday, May 4, between 10am until 1pm to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Hot drinks and cakes provided by Mello are available for a small donation of £5, for which punters will also receive a hospice mug and coaster to take away.
Funeral director Andy Mcfadyen said: “This is a really enjoyable way to help raise funds and awareness of not only what the hospice can offer, but the service that we can provide as a local funeral directors.
“We hope that people in the town will take the opportunity to take the weight off their feet and enjoy a cuppa and a cake before getting back to some serious shopping.”
You may also want to watch:
Based in Letchworth, the Garden House Hospice serves communities in North Herts and Stevenage.
- 1 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 6 Commissioner to grill Herts Police chief over stalking powers 'failure'
- 7 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts