Royston funeral directors plan to brew up funds for Garden House Hospice
- Credit: Archant
A Royston funeral director is hoping to brew up some funds for charity by serving tea and cake on market day.
Newlings of Royston, based in Fish Hill, will be putting the kettle on from Wednesday, May 4, between 10am until 1pm to raise money for the Garden House Hospice.
Hot drinks and cakes provided by Mello are available for a small donation of £5, for which punters will also receive a hospice mug and coaster to take away.
Funeral director Andy Mcfadyen said: “This is a really enjoyable way to help raise funds and awareness of not only what the hospice can offer, but the service that we can provide as a local funeral directors.
“We hope that people in the town will take the opportunity to take the weight off their feet and enjoy a cuppa and a cake before getting back to some serious shopping.”
Based in Letchworth, the Garden House Hospice serves communities in North Herts and Stevenage.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge