Royston funeral directors makes a difference to families in need of support
- Credit: Archant
A Royston funeral directors demonstrated its community committment by handing over a clutch of Easter eggs to family charity Home-Start.
Staff at Cecil Newling Funeral Directors publicised their call-out for eggs in the Crow and were overwhelmed by the response of people wanting to get involved.
The eggs were given out to families who attend Home-Start’s family group and those who get visits at home.
The firm’s Trudy Lambert, who presented the eggs to Jackie Cotton from Home-Start, said: “We are part of Dignity Funerals UK and as a company are committed to serving the local community in any way we can.
“We already allow Royston Food Bank to use our premises for storage and wish to support other local charities or worthwhile causes.
You may also want to watch:
“This year for the first time we decided to collect Easter eggs – we asked one of our donors who they would like the eggs to be donated to and they suggested Royston Home-Start, so it is our pleasure to do this and hopefully it will become a regular thing.”
Jackie, pictured on the left, said: “We were so grateful to receive the eggs and the children were very pleased and excited.”
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 6 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 7 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 8 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable