Royston funeral directors makes a difference to families in need of support
- Credit: Archant
A Royston funeral directors demonstrated its community committment by handing over a clutch of Easter eggs to family charity Home-Start.
Staff at Cecil Newling Funeral Directors publicised their call-out for eggs in the Crow and were overwhelmed by the response of people wanting to get involved.
The eggs were given out to families who attend Home-Start’s family group and those who get visits at home.
The firm’s Trudy Lambert, who presented the eggs to Jackie Cotton from Home-Start, said: “We are part of Dignity Funerals UK and as a company are committed to serving the local community in any way we can.
“We already allow Royston Food Bank to use our premises for storage and wish to support other local charities or worthwhile causes.
You may also want to watch:
“This year for the first time we decided to collect Easter eggs – we asked one of our donors who they would like the eggs to be donated to and they suggested Royston Home-Start, so it is our pleasure to do this and hopefully it will become a regular thing.”
Jackie, pictured on the left, said: “We were so grateful to receive the eggs and the children were very pleased and excited.”
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 10 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event