Royston funeral directors makes a difference to families in need of support
- Credit: Archant
A Royston funeral directors demonstrated its community committment by handing over a clutch of Easter eggs to family charity Home-Start.
Staff at Cecil Newling Funeral Directors publicised their call-out for eggs in the Crow and were overwhelmed by the response of people wanting to get involved.
The eggs were given out to families who attend Home-Start’s family group and those who get visits at home.
The firm’s Trudy Lambert, who presented the eggs to Jackie Cotton from Home-Start, said: “We are part of Dignity Funerals UK and as a company are committed to serving the local community in any way we can.
“We already allow Royston Food Bank to use our premises for storage and wish to support other local charities or worthwhile causes.
You may also want to watch:
“This year for the first time we decided to collect Easter eggs – we asked one of our donors who they would like the eggs to be donated to and they suggested Royston Home-Start, so it is our pleasure to do this and hopefully it will become a regular thing.”
Jackie, pictured on the left, said: “We were so grateful to receive the eggs and the children were very pleased and excited.”
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 5 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 6 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 7 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 8 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 The bells are back in town!