Royston funeral directors makes a difference to families in need of support
- Credit: Archant
A Royston funeral directors demonstrated its community committment by handing over a clutch of Easter eggs to family charity Home-Start.
Staff at Cecil Newling Funeral Directors publicised their call-out for eggs in the Crow and were overwhelmed by the response of people wanting to get involved.
The eggs were given out to families who attend Home-Start’s family group and those who get visits at home.
The firm’s Trudy Lambert, who presented the eggs to Jackie Cotton from Home-Start, said: “We are part of Dignity Funerals UK and as a company are committed to serving the local community in any way we can.
“We already allow Royston Food Bank to use our premises for storage and wish to support other local charities or worthwhile causes.
“This year for the first time we decided to collect Easter eggs – we asked one of our donors who they would like the eggs to be donated to and they suggested Royston Home-Start, so it is our pleasure to do this and hopefully it will become a regular thing.”
Jackie, pictured on the left, said: “We were so grateful to receive the eggs and the children were very pleased and excited.”
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 3 Royston crews' tribute after 'incredible' fire dog's death
- 4 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 5 Royston museum under new management
- 6 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 7 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof
- 8 Cycling club rides in memory of former member
- 9 £800,000 artificial football pitch opens at Melbourn Village College
- 10 Bronze Age hoards containing around 200 items found near Royston