Royston funeral directors launch Easter egg challenge for family support charity
- Credit: Archant
The team at a Royston funeral directors are once again collecting Easter eggs to be donated to families in need.
Staff at Cecil Newling in Royston were keen to continue the charity drive for a third year running to build on the successes of previous years.
The eggs donated will be given to Home-Start Royston & South Cambridgeshire for children who may not receive an Easter egg without
the kind donations of the community.
HSRSC offers support to families with at least one child under the age of 11. The charity started in the Health Centre Practice in Melbourn Street in 1983 and has been supporting families from Royston and the surrounding area ever since.
You may also want to watch:
For thirty years, HSRSC was funded by Hertfordshire County Council. However, in line with many other local authorities and their need to cut costs, this funding ended in September 2015
If you would like to donate an Easter egg, take it into the branch of Cecil Newling in Market Hill.
For more information on the egg collection call 01763 243048, and for more on on the charity go to www.hsrsc.org.uk.
- 1 A505 driver escapes without serious injury after head-on crash
- 2 Extremely concerning incidents reported in Kneesworth House Hospital documentary
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 5 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 6 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 10 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!