Royston fundraisers complete Great North Run to support Nicola Emmerson Trust
- Credit: Archant
Two Royston fundraisers smashed the Great North Run on Sunday to raise more than £600 to help stop sudden cardiac death in young people.
Jackie Hart and Emily Griffin completed the half marathon from Newcastle to South Shields for the Nicola Emmerson Trust, which supports the Papworth Hospital and is named after Royston’s Nicola Emmerson – who died while celebrating her 20th birthday in 2007.
Jackie, 51, finished the course in two hours and 19 minutes.
She told the Crow: “I’d always wanted to run the Great North Run as I had watched it for years on TV.
“When the chance came up to run for Team Nix, I jumped at the chance to give something back doing what I love.”
You may also want to watch:
Emily, 20, completed the course in two hours and 53 minutes.
You can still sponsor Jackie and Emily online at thenicolaemmersontrust.co.uk.
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 5 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange