Royston fundraisers complete Great North Run to support Nicola Emmerson Trust
- Credit: Archant
Two Royston fundraisers smashed the Great North Run on Sunday to raise more than £600 to help stop sudden cardiac death in young people.
Jackie Hart and Emily Griffin completed the half marathon from Newcastle to South Shields for the Nicola Emmerson Trust, which supports the Papworth Hospital and is named after Royston’s Nicola Emmerson – who died while celebrating her 20th birthday in 2007.
Jackie, 51, finished the course in two hours and 19 minutes.
She told the Crow: “I’d always wanted to run the Great North Run as I had watched it for years on TV.
“When the chance came up to run for Team Nix, I jumped at the chance to give something back doing what I love.”
You may also want to watch:
Emily, 20, completed the course in two hours and 53 minutes.
You can still sponsor Jackie and Emily online at thenicolaemmersontrust.co.uk.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 6 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation