Royston fundraisers complete Great North Run to support Nicola Emmerson Trust
- Credit: Archant
Two Royston fundraisers smashed the Great North Run on Sunday to raise more than £600 to help stop sudden cardiac death in young people.
Jackie Hart and Emily Griffin completed the half marathon from Newcastle to South Shields for the Nicola Emmerson Trust, which supports the Papworth Hospital and is named after Royston’s Nicola Emmerson – who died while celebrating her 20th birthday in 2007.
Jackie, 51, finished the course in two hours and 19 minutes.
She told the Crow: “I’d always wanted to run the Great North Run as I had watched it for years on TV.
“When the chance came up to run for Team Nix, I jumped at the chance to give something back doing what I love.”
You may also want to watch:
Emily, 20, completed the course in two hours and 53 minutes.
You can still sponsor Jackie and Emily online at thenicolaemmersontrust.co.uk.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening