Royston Fringe returns with Phoenix Chorus concert and art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The Royston Fringe is back as part of the Royston Arts Festival – with a concert and an art exhibition both in store.
First of all, there will be a concert by Phoenix Chorus on Saturday evening from 7.30pm at the Methodist church in Queen’s Road.
Phoenix Chorus, 75 women specialising in a cappella, sing everything from early 20th-century fare to Adele, Stevie Wonder and Queen.
Tickets cost £10, including tea, coffee and biscuits, from Brian Norwood on 01763 241066 or Howard Peacock on 01763 209089.
Proceeds will be split between Garden House Hospice Care and Royston Methodist Church.
You may also want to watch:
Then, next weekend, the Royston Fringe Art Exhibition will be on at the same venue on both Saturday and Sunday, with all welcome to put their artwork on display.
An entry form and details of how to enter are at royston-methodist.org.uk – or to find out more, call Joan Munden on 01763 241217.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections