Royston Fringe returns with Phoenix Chorus concert and art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The Royston Fringe is back as part of the Royston Arts Festival – with a concert and an art exhibition both in store.
First of all, there will be a concert by Phoenix Chorus on Saturday evening from 7.30pm at the Methodist church in Queen’s Road.
Phoenix Chorus, 75 women specialising in a cappella, sing everything from early 20th-century fare to Adele, Stevie Wonder and Queen.
Tickets cost £10, including tea, coffee and biscuits, from Brian Norwood on 01763 241066 or Howard Peacock on 01763 209089.
Proceeds will be split between Garden House Hospice Care and Royston Methodist Church.
You may also want to watch:
Then, next weekend, the Royston Fringe Art Exhibition will be on at the same venue on both Saturday and Sunday, with all welcome to put their artwork on display.
An entry form and details of how to enter are at royston-methodist.org.uk – or to find out more, call Joan Munden on 01763 241217.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 5 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 6 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash