Royston Fringe returns with Phoenix Chorus concert and art exhibition
- Credit: Archant
The Royston Fringe is back as part of the Royston Arts Festival – with a concert and an art exhibition both in store.
First of all, there will be a concert by Phoenix Chorus on Saturday evening from 7.30pm at the Methodist church in Queen’s Road.
Phoenix Chorus, 75 women specialising in a cappella, sing everything from early 20th-century fare to Adele, Stevie Wonder and Queen.
Tickets cost £10, including tea, coffee and biscuits, from Brian Norwood on 01763 241066 or Howard Peacock on 01763 209089.
Proceeds will be split between Garden House Hospice Care and Royston Methodist Church.
You may also want to watch:
Then, next weekend, the Royston Fringe Art Exhibition will be on at the same venue on both Saturday and Sunday, with all welcome to put their artwork on display.
An entry form and details of how to enter are at royston-methodist.org.uk – or to find out more, call Joan Munden on 01763 241217.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 4 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 5 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 6 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton