Royston firefighters salute key workers in coronavirus crisis
- Credit: Archant
Royston fire crews have been taking part in honouring key workers with applause alongside the rest of the country each week during the coronavirus crisis.
Clap For Our Carers started on March 26 and has seen residents of Royston, surrounding villages and beyond take to their doorsteps, balconies and windows to applaud key workers on Thursdays at 8pm.
Crew commander Steve Greaves told the Crow: “It’s a great honour to serve our community at any time of the year, but more so now when communities around us are stepping up to the plate.
“Everyone around us should be proud of the effort we are all putting in to combat this awful virus.
“It’s still very important that we stay strong, stay at home, saves lives and the NHS.”
You may also want to watch:
Royston firefighters will be joined by members of the police and ambulance service for Thursday’s salute.
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 7 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation