Royston Fire Station Halloween event goes down a treat
- Credit: Royston Fire Station
Royston Fire Station’s Halloween event went down a treat last night.
Firefighters at the station in Baldock Street went to town with all manner of spooky decorations for youngsters and their families to enjoy.
But the Halloween Trick or Treat event had some serious messages too, with the 'Orient Possessed' warning the public to be safe near railways, and 'no smoke alarm' and 'cheap electricals' displays as well.
One parent took to the Royston Reporting Page on Facebook to say a "massive thank you" to the firefighters and staff for "truly going all out with their efforts for Halloween".
A spokesman for the fire service said: "We estimate more than 1,000 people visited the station and we collected in excess of £650 for the Firefighters Charity thanks to generous donations from our trick or treaters.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to thank the public for attending our event and for making it an evening to remember. Thanks must go to all the firefighters at Royston, personnel from other stations that attended, Royston fire cadets, Herfordshire fire protection personnel, firefighters' family members, and our station clerk and brigade maintenance personnel. Without their help our third Halloween event would have struggled to have taken place."
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Missing teen found safe and well
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 9 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council