Royston Fire Station Halloween event goes down a treat
- Credit: Royston Fire Station
Royston Fire Station’s Halloween event went down a treat last night.
Firefighters at the station in Baldock Street went to town with all manner of spooky decorations for youngsters and their families to enjoy.
But the Halloween Trick or Treat event had some serious messages too, with the 'Orient Possessed' warning the public to be safe near railways, and 'no smoke alarm' and 'cheap electricals' displays as well.
One parent took to the Royston Reporting Page on Facebook to say a "massive thank you" to the firefighters and staff for "truly going all out with their efforts for Halloween".
A spokesman for the fire service said: "We estimate more than 1,000 people visited the station and we collected in excess of £650 for the Firefighters Charity thanks to generous donations from our trick or treaters.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to thank the public for attending our event and for making it an evening to remember. Thanks must go to all the firefighters at Royston, personnel from other stations that attended, Royston fire cadets, Herfordshire fire protection personnel, firefighters' family members, and our station clerk and brigade maintenance personnel. Without their help our third Halloween event would have struggled to have taken place."
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 3 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 5 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer
- 6 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 7 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 8 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses