Royston families urged to sign up as Teletubbies team up with Barnardo’s for Big Toddle event
- Credit: Piers Allardyce
After toddlers in Royston raised nearly £800 for children’s charity Barnado’s last summer, nurseries and parents are being urged to sign up again for this year’s Big Toddle event.
During last year’s animal-themed Big Toddle for Barnardo’s, youngsters dressed up as animals like tigers and giraffes and took part in a half-mile walk to raise money for vulnerable children.
The charity drive is now marking its 20th anniversary by teaming up with Teletubbies, which is also celebrating its 20th birthday.
Since 1997, the Big Toddle has raised £14.5 million and the antics of Tinky Winky, Dipsy, Laa-Laa and Po have featured in more than 400 episodes of the popular TV programme and entertained children in more than 120 countries.
Barnardo’s regional director Jonathan Whalley said: “A huge thank you to everyone who will be taking part in this year’s Big Toddle.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year the event raised almost £600,000 in total which is helping to transform the lives of the most vulnerable children in the UK.
“I am excited Barnardo’s has teamed up with the Teletubbies, some of the most popular characters in TV history, for this year’s event. Both will be celebrating their 20th anniversary so it promises to be a fantastic party.”
This year’s Big Toddle runs from June 19 to 25 and the theme is colours. To find out more and to register for Barnardo’s Big Toddle visit www.bigtoddle.org.uk, for go to Twitter @BigToddle or search ‘Big Tooddle’ on Facebook.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 8 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 9 Missing teen found safe and well
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab