Royston fair is full of hearts and crafts
- Credit: Archant
Love was in the air at the first Royston Craft Fair of the year, and many a romantic gift was purchased at the Valentine’s event.
Cupid struck his bow straight into the heart of customers with a delicious chocolate banana loaf courtesy of Kim Flin from A Bit Of What You Fancy.
For people that missed out, there’s more of that to come at future events, as Kim is now running the tea room.
Craft fair organiser Laura Whitford, who also owns craft shop No.3 in Melbourn Street, said: “Our first craft fair of the year went well despite the rain and it was lovely to see hand-crafted products from lots of new crafters, alongside our amazing regulars.
“Kim’s chocolate banana loaf was delicious!”
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s hope our love-themed creations helped get people in the mood for romance, or at least a bit of hanky panky! Please tell everyone you know to come along and support local businesses. Use it or lose it.”
The fairs are held on the second Saturday of the month in Royston Town Hall in Melbourn Street and everything is handmade by local crafters.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
Visit the No.3 Royston Facebook page for all craft fair and shop information.