Royston fair is full of hearts and crafts
- Credit: Archant
Love was in the air at the first Royston Craft Fair of the year, and many a romantic gift was purchased at the Valentine’s event.
Cupid struck his bow straight into the heart of customers with a delicious chocolate banana loaf courtesy of Kim Flin from A Bit Of What You Fancy.
For people that missed out, there’s more of that to come at future events, as Kim is now running the tea room.
Craft fair organiser Laura Whitford, who also owns craft shop No.3 in Melbourn Street, said: “Our first craft fair of the year went well despite the rain and it was lovely to see hand-crafted products from lots of new crafters, alongside our amazing regulars.
“Kim’s chocolate banana loaf was delicious!”
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s hope our love-themed creations helped get people in the mood for romance, or at least a bit of hanky panky! Please tell everyone you know to come along and support local businesses. Use it or lose it.”
The fairs are held on the second Saturday of the month in Royston Town Hall in Melbourn Street and everything is handmade by local crafters.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 6 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 10 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
Visit the No.3 Royston Facebook page for all craft fair and shop information.