Royston fair is full of hearts and crafts
- Credit: Archant
Love was in the air at the first Royston Craft Fair of the year, and many a romantic gift was purchased at the Valentine’s event.
Cupid struck his bow straight into the heart of customers with a delicious chocolate banana loaf courtesy of Kim Flin from A Bit Of What You Fancy.
For people that missed out, there’s more of that to come at future events, as Kim is now running the tea room.
Craft fair organiser Laura Whitford, who also owns craft shop No.3 in Melbourn Street, said: “Our first craft fair of the year went well despite the rain and it was lovely to see hand-crafted products from lots of new crafters, alongside our amazing regulars.
“Kim’s chocolate banana loaf was delicious!”
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s hope our love-themed creations helped get people in the mood for romance, or at least a bit of hanky panky! Please tell everyone you know to come along and support local businesses. Use it or lose it.”
The fairs are held on the second Saturday of the month in Royston Town Hall in Melbourn Street and everything is handmade by local crafters.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
Visit the No.3 Royston Facebook page for all craft fair and shop information.