Royston fair is full of hearts and crafts
- Credit: Archant
Love was in the air at the first Royston Craft Fair of the year, and many a romantic gift was purchased at the Valentine’s event.
Cupid struck his bow straight into the heart of customers with a delicious chocolate banana loaf courtesy of Kim Flin from A Bit Of What You Fancy.
For people that missed out, there’s more of that to come at future events, as Kim is now running the tea room.
Craft fair organiser Laura Whitford, who also owns craft shop No.3 in Melbourn Street, said: “Our first craft fair of the year went well despite the rain and it was lovely to see hand-crafted products from lots of new crafters, alongside our amazing regulars.
“Kim’s chocolate banana loaf was delicious!”
You may also want to watch:
“Let’s hope our love-themed creations helped get people in the mood for romance, or at least a bit of hanky panky! Please tell everyone you know to come along and support local businesses. Use it or lose it.”
The fairs are held on the second Saturday of the month in Royston Town Hall in Melbourn Street and everything is handmade by local crafters.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 5 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 9 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
Visit the No.3 Royston Facebook page for all craft fair and shop information.