Royston engineer to take on the Great North Run for his diabetic nan
- Credit: Archant
A Royston engineer is lacing up his running shoes and preparing to give his all for charity.
A Royston engineer is lacing up his running shoes and preparing to give it all for charity.
James Chapman, 34, from Royston, is braving the Great North Run on September 7 for Diabetes UK.
An experienced half marathon runner this year he decided that he wanted to focus on an issue close to home – his nan Stella Hodgson has Type 1 Diabetes and also lives in Royston.
James said: “I chose to run for Diabetes UK in the hope that the money I raise can help find better ways for people who are affected by this condition and help educate people to avoid getting this horrible illness, but most of all I’m running this for my Nan to show her how much of an inspiration she is.
You may also want to watch:
My nan or granddad never once moaned about everything they have had to do over the last 50 years to manage her condition.”
Teresa Strange, Diabetes UK eastern regional fundraiser, said: “The money James raises will go a long way in helping us to continue to support people diagnosed with diabetes in Hertfordshire to help them avoid some of the serious complications of the condition such as heart disease, stroke and amputation.”
- 1 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 3 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 9 Opinion: Shock tactics needed for retirement saving
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash
Anybody who wishes to support James can at www.justgiving.com/JamesChapmanGNR2014