Easter trail returns to Royston
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
The town’s 16th annual Children’s Easter Chocolate Trail will once again be providing free activities for all the family in Royston this weekend.
In a change from recent years, the egg-cellent event will be based in the market square.
A star prize of a 1.2kg chocolate Easter egg and 12 chocolate rabbits are up for grabs in the chocolate trail, where children are invited to find the rabbits in shop widows, record their location on an entry form and post it completed into the prize draw container to be found on stalls in the midst of the market.
There will also be other free children’s activities such as colour-in masks, crowns and cards, Easter buddy egg making, jumping chicks and sheep creation.
There’s also a rumour that they’ll be free cakes available courtesy of the markets manager – but you’ll have to go along to find out whether these will be for adults as well as children.
You may also want to watch:
The free-to-enter event is taking place between 10am and 12.30pm on Saturday in the town centre with the prize draw taking place in the market square at 12.30pm when Royston’s town crier will draw the winners, who must be present in order to receive their prize.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton