Royston drama group brings Aladdin panto to the stage this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The stage is set, the lighting is focussed, and the sound effects machine is programmed to ‘extreme’.
Royston drama group CADS have just had a long weekend working through final rehearsals and making sure all the lights, sounds, live music, staging, set changes, costume and make-up are primed and ready for their seasonal show.
The curtain goes up on Friday for Aladdin, and it’s expected that the show will play to record audiences.
Producer Ian Cowley said: “Tickets this year have sold really quickly – our first matinee has been sold out for a week, and there are only three or four tickets left for the other.
“The last night looks to be a sell-out already, too.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s so much energy and enthusiasm in the cast and crew this year that I’m sure we’re going to give Royston a performance to remember.
“We had a lot of hard work last weekend pulling all the technical elements together for the first time, but I have to say the show is looking and sounding great.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 7 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 8 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
“We’ve still go some tickets left, but be quick.”
The pantomime is being performed at Meridian School on Friday and on Saturday, and next weekend too, with performances at 7.30pm, plus 2pm on the Saturdays.
Booking tickets online is free on the website here or call 07925 674 967.