Royston drama group brings Aladdin panto to the stage this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The stage is set, the lighting is focussed, and the sound effects machine is programmed to ‘extreme’.
Royston drama group CADS have just had a long weekend working through final rehearsals and making sure all the lights, sounds, live music, staging, set changes, costume and make-up are primed and ready for their seasonal show.
The curtain goes up on Friday for Aladdin, and it’s expected that the show will play to record audiences.
Producer Ian Cowley said: “Tickets this year have sold really quickly – our first matinee has been sold out for a week, and there are only three or four tickets left for the other.
“The last night looks to be a sell-out already, too.
“There’s so much energy and enthusiasm in the cast and crew this year that I’m sure we’re going to give Royston a performance to remember.
“We had a lot of hard work last weekend pulling all the technical elements together for the first time, but I have to say the show is looking and sounding great.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 9 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
“We’ve still go some tickets left, but be quick.”
The pantomime is being performed at Meridian School on Friday and on Saturday, and next weekend too, with performances at 7.30pm, plus 2pm on the Saturdays.
Booking tickets online is free on the website here or call 07925 674 967.