Royston drama group brings Aladdin panto to the stage this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The stage is set, the lighting is focussed, and the sound effects machine is programmed to ‘extreme’.
Royston drama group CADS have just had a long weekend working through final rehearsals and making sure all the lights, sounds, live music, staging, set changes, costume and make-up are primed and ready for their seasonal show.
The curtain goes up on Friday for Aladdin, and it’s expected that the show will play to record audiences.
Producer Ian Cowley said: “Tickets this year have sold really quickly – our first matinee has been sold out for a week, and there are only three or four tickets left for the other.
“The last night looks to be a sell-out already, too.
You may also want to watch:
“There’s so much energy and enthusiasm in the cast and crew this year that I’m sure we’re going to give Royston a performance to remember.
“We had a lot of hard work last weekend pulling all the technical elements together for the first time, but I have to say the show is looking and sounding great.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 3 Missing teen found safe and well
- 4 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 5 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 6 Party leaders respond to election result in North Herts
- 7 Richard Roberts set to become leader of Herts County Council
- 8 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 9 County council elections round-up for North Herts
- 10 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
“We’ve still go some tickets left, but be quick.”
The pantomime is being performed at Meridian School on Friday and on Saturday, and next weekend too, with performances at 7.30pm, plus 2pm on the Saturdays.
Booking tickets online is free on the website here or call 07925 674 967.