Gather with neighbours for doorstep Christmas carols
- Credit: Archant
Christmas cheer is coming to Royston with neighbours invited to join together for doorstep carols.
Royston Heath Cllr Carol Stanier is backing the national Doorstep Carols initiative, which began in Shropshire and is expanding to other areas.
Anyone who wishes to take part can go to https://www.doorstepcarols.co.uk/ and print off lyrics, or music for those who play instruments.
Then at 6pm on Wednesday, December 16 tune in to BBC Radio Cambridgeshire (96.0 FM) to hear the carols live, and sing or play along.
Neighbours are encouraged to join in and sing together in the street, while remaining socially distanced.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Stanier said: ”2020 has been a hard year for all of us but through the great community we have in Royston, many of us have got to know our neighbours better. “I thought this would be a lovely way to celebrate this special time of year and also do something together with our neighbours.”
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 3 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 8 Housing first battleground in mayor elections for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
- 10 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week