Royston dog walkers to take part in sponsored stroll for Barking Mad Dog Rescue charity
- Credit: Archant
Dog walkers in Royston are urged to step up for a fundraising trek across Therfield Heath next week in aid of a dog rescue charity.
Eve Marchant organised the event with fellow dog walker Tanya Godfrey for charity Barking Mad Dog Rescue, which works to save and rehome abandoned dogs in Romania.
Eve, who has two French bulldogs and a cocker spaniel, said: “The charity is important to us, we also fundraise for dogs in this country and do quite a bit in Royston, but rehoming centres here are luxury compared to what they have over there.
“Tanya has rescue dog, Red, from Romania so we know how important this is.
“We hope people to come out and support the walk.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year they raised more than £500 for the cause and this year they are meeting at the heath car park at 11am on Sunday, June 18, before heading over to the Fox and Duck in Therfield and then walking back.
For more information or to get a sponsor form email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Eve on 07840 269589.
And for more on the charity see www.barkingmaddogrescue.co.uk.
- 1 Melbourn Post Office reopens in new location
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Litlington's Josh ploughs into top spot with competition win
- 4 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 5 History Society unveils new town heritage board
- 6 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 7 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 8 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?