Royston dog walkers to take part in sponsored stroll for Barking Mad Dog Rescue charity
- Credit: Archant
Dog walkers in Royston are urged to step up for a fundraising trek across Therfield Heath next week in aid of a dog rescue charity.
Eve Marchant organised the event with fellow dog walker Tanya Godfrey for charity Barking Mad Dog Rescue, which works to save and rehome abandoned dogs in Romania.
Eve, who has two French bulldogs and a cocker spaniel, said: “The charity is important to us, we also fundraise for dogs in this country and do quite a bit in Royston, but rehoming centres here are luxury compared to what they have over there.
“Tanya has rescue dog, Red, from Romania so we know how important this is.
“We hope people to come out and support the walk.”
You may also want to watch:
Last year they raised more than £500 for the cause and this year they are meeting at the heath car park at 11am on Sunday, June 18, before heading over to the Fox and Duck in Therfield and then walking back.
For more information or to get a sponsor form email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Eve on 07840 269589.
And for more on the charity see www.barkingmaddogrescue.co.uk.
- 1 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 2 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 5 Govia Thameslink makes £700,000 railway station accessibility improvements
- 6 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 7 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 10 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity