Royston dog walk raises £300 for Romanian rescue charity
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a Royston dog walk to help four legged friends in Romania were delighted to have raised more than £300.
Eve Marchant from Royston, co-ordinated the event with fellow dog walker Tanya Godfrey for Barking Mad Dog Rescue, and was pleased with the result.
She said: “The walk started on the Heath at about 11.15am we went to the Fox and Duck and got back about 4pm.
“We had about 13 dogs on the walk, who all stopped and had breaks throughout and we all enjoyed the day.”
The charity works to save and rehome abandoned dogs in Romania. Tanya is a co-ordinator for donations to the cause in the Royston area.
You may also want to watch:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Eve on 07840 269589.
For more on the charity see www.barkingmaddogrescue.co.uk.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM