Royston dog walk raises £300 for Romanian rescue charity
- Credit: Archant
The organisers of a Royston dog walk to help four legged friends in Romania were delighted to have raised more than £300.
Eve Marchant from Royston, co-ordinated the event with fellow dog walker Tanya Godfrey for Barking Mad Dog Rescue, and was pleased with the result.
She said: “The walk started on the Heath at about 11.15am we went to the Fox and Duck and got back about 4pm.
“We had about 13 dogs on the walk, who all stopped and had breaks throughout and we all enjoyed the day.”
The charity works to save and rehome abandoned dogs in Romania. Tanya is a co-ordinator for donations to the cause in the Royston area.
You may also want to watch:
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Eve on 07840 269589.
For more on the charity see www.barkingmaddogrescue.co.uk.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory