Royston & District Museum reopens with two new exhibitions
- Credit: Archant
Now that Royston & District Museum is back open, assistant Jenny Benton has two new exhibitions up and running.
Balcony exhibition Royston’s Postal History explores the origins and different stages in the development of the local post service including the different post offices in the surrounding villages.
The brand new Community Cabinet display ‘Royston in Winter!’ features photographs and other items from the museum’s collection which illustrate activities and events local people were participating in around the town over the years.
To coincide with the exhibition the museum will be using the hash tag #RoystoninWinter on Facebook and Twitter.
Museum assistant Jenny Benton said: “People can participate by sharing with us photographs of the town as it celebrates this festive and frosty time of year!”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow Crafty Kids returns with a Merry Christmas themed morning suitable for kids aged from four to 10 years.
It costs £3 per child, and there’s no need to book in advance.
Full event listings can be found on the website www.roystonmuseum.org.uk or Twitter or Facebook by searching ‘Royston Museum’. For more information or to book onto an event email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01763) 242587.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance