Royston & District Museum reopens with two new exhibitions
- Credit: Archant
Now that Royston & District Museum is back open, assistant Jenny Benton has two new exhibitions up and running.
Balcony exhibition Royston’s Postal History explores the origins and different stages in the development of the local post service including the different post offices in the surrounding villages.
The brand new Community Cabinet display ‘Royston in Winter!’ features photographs and other items from the museum’s collection which illustrate activities and events local people were participating in around the town over the years.
To coincide with the exhibition the museum will be using the hash tag #RoystoninWinter on Facebook and Twitter.
Museum assistant Jenny Benton said: “People can participate by sharing with us photographs of the town as it celebrates this festive and frosty time of year!”
You may also want to watch:
Tomorrow Crafty Kids returns with a Merry Christmas themed morning suitable for kids aged from four to 10 years.
It costs £3 per child, and there’s no need to book in advance.
Full event listings can be found on the website www.roystonmuseum.org.uk or Twitter or Facebook by searching ‘Royston Museum’. For more information or to book onto an event email email@example.com or call (01763) 242587.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe