Royston & District Model Railway Club members showcase ‘amazing’ layouts at town’s museum
- Credit: Archant
Royston & District Model Railway Club brought along two tracks to the town’s museum last weekend for a special display.
Enthusiasts young and old were enthralled watching the miniature trains whizzing around the tracks at Royston and District museum on Saturday and the “amazing” detail on the models, from people waiting on platforms to tiny cows in fields.
Club members enjoyed sharing their passion with all of the museum visitors, and youngsters had a go at some Thomas the Tank Engine crafts lead by museum assistant Amy Judd.
Amy said: “It was a wonderful day.
“I’m so impressed by the work that goes in to putting these displays on and we’re really grateful to the club for sharing this with us.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been lovely to see families gathered around the tracks waiting for the model trains to zoom past them – we had people watching for ages!”
For more on the museum in Lower King Street see www.roystonmuseum.org.uk
And to find out more about the model railway club, whose members meet every Friday in Barley, go to www.roystondmrc.co.uk.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 5 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 All you need to know about Welney Wetland Centre reopening