Royston & District Model Railway Club members showcase ‘amazing’ layouts at town’s museum
- Credit: Archant
Royston & District Model Railway Club brought along two tracks to the town’s museum last weekend for a special display.
Enthusiasts young and old were enthralled watching the miniature trains whizzing around the tracks at Royston and District museum on Saturday and the “amazing” detail on the models, from people waiting on platforms to tiny cows in fields.
Club members enjoyed sharing their passion with all of the museum visitors, and youngsters had a go at some Thomas the Tank Engine crafts lead by museum assistant Amy Judd.
Amy said: “It was a wonderful day.
“I’m so impressed by the work that goes in to putting these displays on and we’re really grateful to the club for sharing this with us.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been lovely to see families gathered around the tracks waiting for the model trains to zoom past them – we had people watching for ages!”
For more on the museum in Lower King Street see www.roystonmuseum.org.uk
And to find out more about the model railway club, whose members meet every Friday in Barley, go to www.roystondmrc.co.uk.
- 1 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 3 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 4 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 5 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 8 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 9 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash