Royston & District Model Railway Club members showcase ‘amazing’ layouts at town’s museum
- Credit: Archant
Royston & District Model Railway Club brought along two tracks to the town’s museum last weekend for a special display.
Enthusiasts young and old were enthralled watching the miniature trains whizzing around the tracks at Royston and District museum on Saturday and the “amazing” detail on the models, from people waiting on platforms to tiny cows in fields.
Club members enjoyed sharing their passion with all of the museum visitors, and youngsters had a go at some Thomas the Tank Engine crafts lead by museum assistant Amy Judd.
Amy said: “It was a wonderful day.
“I’m so impressed by the work that goes in to putting these displays on and we’re really grateful to the club for sharing this with us.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s been lovely to see families gathered around the tracks waiting for the model trains to zoom past them – we had people watching for ages!”
For more on the museum in Lower King Street see www.roystonmuseum.org.uk
And to find out more about the model railway club, whose members meet every Friday in Barley, go to www.roystondmrc.co.uk.
- 1 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 2 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 5 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 9 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton