Royston director John runs half marathon for Alzheimer’s Research in support of father
- Credit: Archant
A director at Royston firm Johnson Matthey trod the streets of Cambridge at the weekend to raise vital funds for an Alzheimer’s charity in support of his father.
Site planning and service director John Gourd is still a little sore after running the Cambridge Half Marathon for Alzheimer’s Research in solidarity with his father Leonard.
He said: “My father has Alzheimer’s and I have seen the devastating effect it can have on someone who is robbed of their intellect and independence, and the effect it has on my mum who cares for him.”
John, who was one of seven Johnson Matthey employees who completed the race on Sunday, said he is a ‘keen novice’ at running, and will stick to running shorter distances – he’s got no plans to do a marathon just yet.
John has so far raised about £2,200 for the charity, as the amount he raised was match funded by his firm.
You may also want to watch:
To support John, go to his fundraising page at uk.virginmoneygiving.com/johngourd.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 6 The bells are back in town!
- 7 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 8 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 9 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn