Royston dancers set to jet off to ballet festival
- Credit: Archant
DANCERS from Royston are jetting off to Bulgaria to dance at an international ballet festival.
The members of the GSTARS academy have been invited to perform at the International Ballet Festival in Plovdiv.
Georgina Wootten, principal at the school, explained that they will be dancing to a piece entitled Lost in Translation, and hope to impress the judges in order to scoop a prize.
She said: “The aim of the festival is to inspire the author, choreographer and performer to create a new and exciting work of art with the tremendous power of the beauty of the ballet.
“The festival is held every two years and we’re so excited and privileged to be among the chosen dancers. It’s a fantastic opportunity and experience to extend the group’s knowledge and versatility as dancers and performers.”
You may also want to watch:
The dancers jet out in June after they have performed a show at the Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin on March 9. Tickets have already sold out, so a preview has been arranged for Friday, March 8, with tickets priced at £5. For more details log on to www.gstars.co.uk
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 5 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 6 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 7 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
- 8 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 9 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 10 What’s on at community cinema Royston Picture Palace this summer