Royston dancers set to jet off to ballet festival
- Credit: Archant
DANCERS from Royston are jetting off to Bulgaria to dance at an international ballet festival.
The members of the GSTARS academy have been invited to perform at the International Ballet Festival in Plovdiv.
Georgina Wootten, principal at the school, explained that they will be dancing to a piece entitled Lost in Translation, and hope to impress the judges in order to scoop a prize.
She said: “The aim of the festival is to inspire the author, choreographer and performer to create a new and exciting work of art with the tremendous power of the beauty of the ballet.
“The festival is held every two years and we’re so excited and privileged to be among the chosen dancers. It’s a fantastic opportunity and experience to extend the group’s knowledge and versatility as dancers and performers.”
You may also want to watch:
The dancers jet out in June after they have performed a show at the Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin on March 9. Tickets have already sold out, so a preview has been arranged for Friday, March 8, with tickets priced at £5. For more details log on to www.gstars.co.uk
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 3 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 4 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 5 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 6 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 7 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 8 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 9 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 10 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?