Royston dancers set to jet off to ballet festival
- Credit: Archant
DANCERS from Royston are jetting off to Bulgaria to dance at an international ballet festival.
The members of the GSTARS academy have been invited to perform at the International Ballet Festival in Plovdiv.
Georgina Wootten, principal at the school, explained that they will be dancing to a piece entitled Lost in Translation, and hope to impress the judges in order to scoop a prize.
She said: “The aim of the festival is to inspire the author, choreographer and performer to create a new and exciting work of art with the tremendous power of the beauty of the ballet.
“The festival is held every two years and we’re so excited and privileged to be among the chosen dancers. It’s a fantastic opportunity and experience to extend the group’s knowledge and versatility as dancers and performers.”
You may also want to watch:
The dancers jet out in June after they have performed a show at the Queen Mother Theatre in Hitchin on March 9. Tickets have already sold out, so a preview has been arranged for Friday, March 8, with tickets priced at £5. For more details log on to www.gstars.co.uk
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 3 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 4 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 5 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation