Royston dancers set to appear in front of millions
DANCERS from a Royston school are set to face the music in a Sky1 talent show after wowing the programme’s producers.
The fleet-footed team, whose ages range from eight-to-45, from the Stephanie Prior School of Dancing will face a celebrity panel featuring a Pussycat Doll and Diversity star Ashley Banjo next Friday.
The dancers, known as the SPSD Rockers, reached this stage after performing a high energy rock’n’roll routine – which caused the show’s producers to rise to their feet as they applauded.
Their success was revealed the day before Tara Prior, the studio’s principal - who also danced with her students, opened her new studio in Lumen Road.
She said: “It was an amazing start to what was already set to be a fantastic weekend!”
“This is a fabulous opportunity for the students and they are all thrilled to bits and very excited, if somewhat nervous!”
“I am absolutely thrilled for the students that we have been given this chance. They are working very hard and I can’t wait to see them take to the stage and show the judges what they can do!”
- 1 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 2 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 5 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 6 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Community Rail Partnership encourages the use of public transport in Community Rail Week
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
The team are currently perfecting their routine which could be their ticket to TV stardom when it is screened later this year.
If you can’t wait to see their routine on the small screen, their talents will be showcased at The Plinston, Letchworth GC, on October 9.
The audition on September 30 will become part of the main show which will explode on to TV screens later this year.