Royston dancer Ella, 12, triumphs in dance competition
- Credit: Archant
A young Royston dancer fought off tough competition to win the regional finals of this year’s All England Dance competition.
Ella Carolan, who dances at Stage Right Studios in Lumen Road, went up against 57 others at the competition in Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre.
The Greneway Middle School pupil made it through to the final round along with three other competitors where she went on to achieve the gold medal.
Her mum Andrea Robinson, grandmother Sylvia and all her family were delighted for the 12-year-old performer.
Sylvia said: “She deserves it, she puts so much into her dancing, and we are very proud and can’t wait for the next round.”
You may also want to watch:
Winning takes Ella to the All England national finals in London in August.
Also from Stage Right, Megan Bembrige, Leila jones, Lila Macca and Sophia Layton went on to gain distinctions with special commendations.
For more on Stage Right see stagerightstudio.com.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 4 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 5 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 6 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 9 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 10 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre