Royston dancer Ella, 12, triumphs in dance competition
- Credit: Archant
A young Royston dancer fought off tough competition to win the regional finals of this year’s All England Dance competition.
Ella Carolan, who dances at Stage Right Studios in Lumen Road, went up against 57 others at the competition in Stevenage’s Gordon Craig Theatre.
The Greneway Middle School pupil made it through to the final round along with three other competitors where she went on to achieve the gold medal.
Her mum Andrea Robinson, grandmother Sylvia and all her family were delighted for the 12-year-old performer.
Sylvia said: “She deserves it, she puts so much into her dancing, and we are very proud and can’t wait for the next round.”
You may also want to watch:
Winning takes Ella to the All England national finals in London in August.
Also from Stage Right, Megan Bembrige, Leila jones, Lila Macca and Sophia Layton went on to gain distinctions with special commendations.
For more on Stage Right see stagerightstudio.com.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone