Royston craft shop owner set to help people weave out a new hobby for Yarn Shop Day
- Credit: Archant
Calling all crocheters and knitters - Yarn Shop Day is being celebrated at a Royston craft shop today.
The event – organised by magazines Let’s Knit and Let’s Get Crafting – is in its fourth year, and No.3 Royston in Melbourn Street is one of the many businesses up and down the country getting involved.
Owner Laura Whitford said: “We can’t wait to take part.”
“Crafting is growing in popularity, and we know that customers rely on their local yarn shop for more than just needles and wool. Many people come in for advice and they love to feel part of a crafting community.”
On Saturday No.3 will have free knitting or crochet tasters, discounted yarn, free patterns, and goody bags for customers who spend over £15,
Plus they’re having a huge yarn sale throughout May so there are plenty of bargains to be had.
Laura added: “We are looking forward to welcoming customers old and new through the door, and hope our local knitters and crocheters will get involved.”
For more information see www.number3royston.co.uk
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 6 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 10 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party