Royston craft shop owner set to help people weave out a new hobby for Yarn Shop Day
- Credit: Archant
Calling all crocheters and knitters - Yarn Shop Day is being celebrated at a Royston craft shop today.
The event – organised by magazines Let’s Knit and Let’s Get Crafting – is in its fourth year, and No.3 Royston in Melbourn Street is one of the many businesses up and down the country getting involved.
Owner Laura Whitford said: “We can’t wait to take part.”
“Crafting is growing in popularity, and we know that customers rely on their local yarn shop for more than just needles and wool. Many people come in for advice and they love to feel part of a crafting community.”
On Saturday No.3 will have free knitting or crochet tasters, discounted yarn, free patterns, and goody bags for customers who spend over £15,
You may also want to watch:
Plus they’re having a huge yarn sale throughout May so there are plenty of bargains to be had.
Laura added: “We are looking forward to welcoming customers old and new through the door, and hope our local knitters and crocheters will get involved.”
For more information see www.number3royston.co.uk
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place