Royston craft shop owner set to help people weave out a new hobby for Yarn Shop Day
- Credit: Archant
Calling all crocheters and knitters - Yarn Shop Day is being celebrated at a Royston craft shop today.
The event – organised by magazines Let’s Knit and Let’s Get Crafting – is in its fourth year, and No.3 Royston in Melbourn Street is one of the many businesses up and down the country getting involved.
Owner Laura Whitford said: “We can’t wait to take part.”
“Crafting is growing in popularity, and we know that customers rely on their local yarn shop for more than just needles and wool. Many people come in for advice and they love to feel part of a crafting community.”
On Saturday No.3 will have free knitting or crochet tasters, discounted yarn, free patterns, and goody bags for customers who spend over £15,
You may also want to watch:
Plus they’re having a huge yarn sale throughout May so there are plenty of bargains to be had.
Laura added: “We are looking forward to welcoming customers old and new through the door, and hope our local knitters and crocheters will get involved.”
For more information see www.number3royston.co.uk
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe