Royston couple celebrate 65 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A green-fingered couple from Royston are celebrating 65 years of marriage today.
Peter, who is 88 and was born near Bishop’s Stortford, and Phyllis Sizeland – who is originally from Stanstead Abbotts – met in Hertford and married three years later.
They have six children, 15 grandchildren, and have just welcomed their third great grandchild.
“Christmases are fun,” quipped Phyllis, 87.
The pair moved to Royston 30 years ago and, as well as their shared love of gardening and having garden parties with their family and friends, they have their own hobbies – Peter likes bowling, while Phyllis enjoys art.
You may also want to watch:
On the secret to their long and happy marriage, Phyllis said: “It’s a good idea to have different interests as well as combined ones, because then you’ve always got something to talk about.”
Their grandson Jacob, 28, told the Crow: “It’s fantastic they have been together so long, it shows they have the right balance.”
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 10 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation