Royston couple celebrate 65 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A green-fingered couple from Royston are celebrating 65 years of marriage today.
Peter, who is 88 and was born near Bishop’s Stortford, and Phyllis Sizeland – who is originally from Stanstead Abbotts – met in Hertford and married three years later.
They have six children, 15 grandchildren, and have just welcomed their third great grandchild.
“Christmases are fun,” quipped Phyllis, 87.
The pair moved to Royston 30 years ago and, as well as their shared love of gardening and having garden parties with their family and friends, they have their own hobbies – Peter likes bowling, while Phyllis enjoys art.
You may also want to watch:
On the secret to their long and happy marriage, Phyllis said: “It’s a good idea to have different interests as well as combined ones, because then you’ve always got something to talk about.”
Their grandson Jacob, 28, told the Crow: “It’s fantastic they have been together so long, it shows they have the right balance.”
- 1 MP calls for illegal parking clamp-down, as council makes civil enforcement plans
- 2 Sunset Starlight Walk returning after year of cancelled events for hospice
- 3 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 4 Police force welcomes plans for council to tackle parking woes
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 7 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 8 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 10 Film review: Oscar-winning Nomadland is a 'beautifully realised and affecting drama'