Royston couple celebrate 65 years of marriage
- Credit: Archant
A green-fingered couple from Royston are celebrating 65 years of marriage today.
Peter, who is 88 and was born near Bishop’s Stortford, and Phyllis Sizeland – who is originally from Stanstead Abbotts – met in Hertford and married three years later.
They have six children, 15 grandchildren, and have just welcomed their third great grandchild.
“Christmases are fun,” quipped Phyllis, 87.
The pair moved to Royston 30 years ago and, as well as their shared love of gardening and having garden parties with their family and friends, they have their own hobbies – Peter likes bowling, while Phyllis enjoys art.
You may also want to watch:
On the secret to their long and happy marriage, Phyllis said: “It’s a good idea to have different interests as well as combined ones, because then you’ve always got something to talk about.”
Their grandson Jacob, 28, told the Crow: “It’s fantastic they have been together so long, it shows they have the right balance.”
- 1 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 2 5 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 3 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator
- 4 Julian Clary and Matthew Kelly star in 'a theatrical gem' at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 MPs pay tribute following death of Sir David Amess
- 6 Signs on A505 to discourage littering after stretch becomes 'eyesore'
- 7 Fundraisers walk, run and roll in month-long charity challenge
- 8 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 Family pay tribute to 'truly special individual' killed in A1307 crash