Royston couple overjoyed to celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple are overjoyed to be celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary.
Wyn and Ken Blows met at a dance at Royston Town Hall back in 1952 when Wyn was 17 and Ken was 22.
After meeting Wyn, Ken was so infatuated he would cycle the half an hour ride from Royston to her home in Abington Pigotts to visit her.
Wyn, 79, said: “It’s lovely to be celebrating this anniversary.
“I didn’t think we’d ever make 60 years, but we did.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a very happy time together.”
More than 50 of the couple’s family and friends turned up to celebrate on Saturday at the Cambridge Motel in Royston, including their son and his family who came all the way from Australia in order to toast the happy pair.
- 1 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 2 Pupils celebrate all things Roald Dahl with 'Whoopsy Whiffling' day
- 3 Kevin’s powerful testimony challenges us to #DoTheRightThing
- 4 Royston Museum finally set to reopen to families
- 5 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show
- 6 Nail bars and car washes targeted in modern day slavery checks
- 7 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 8 Suspected arsonist held after health centre fire
- 9 Constituency boundary review - have you had your say?
- 10 Wildlife enthusiast wins photographic society's 'print of the year'
Ken and Wyn have done ‘all sorts of jobs’ across Royston, and hardworking Ken retired at the age of 80.
Ken has worked at the funeral directors and as a driver while Wyn has spent time working as a dinner lady and cleaner.