Royston couple overjoyed to celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple are overjoyed to be celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary.
Wyn and Ken Blows met at a dance at Royston Town Hall back in 1952 when Wyn was 17 and Ken was 22.
After meeting Wyn, Ken was so infatuated he would cycle the half an hour ride from Royston to her home in Abington Pigotts to visit her.
Wyn, 79, said: “It’s lovely to be celebrating this anniversary.
“I didn’t think we’d ever make 60 years, but we did.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a very happy time together.”
More than 50 of the couple’s family and friends turned up to celebrate on Saturday at the Cambridge Motel in Royston, including their son and his family who came all the way from Australia in order to toast the happy pair.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 3 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 4 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 5 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 6 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 7 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
Ken and Wyn have done ‘all sorts of jobs’ across Royston, and hardworking Ken retired at the age of 80.
Ken has worked at the funeral directors and as a driver while Wyn has spent time working as a dinner lady and cleaner.