Royston couple overjoyed to celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple are overjoyed to be celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary.
Wyn and Ken Blows met at a dance at Royston Town Hall back in 1952 when Wyn was 17 and Ken was 22.
After meeting Wyn, Ken was so infatuated he would cycle the half an hour ride from Royston to her home in Abington Pigotts to visit her.
Wyn, 79, said: “It’s lovely to be celebrating this anniversary.
“I didn’t think we’d ever make 60 years, but we did.
“We’ve had a very happy time together.”
More than 50 of the couple’s family and friends turned up to celebrate on Saturday at the Cambridge Motel in Royston, including their son and his family who came all the way from Australia in order to toast the happy pair.
- 1 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 2 Therfield pub celebrates lockdown heroes
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 8 Community Rail Partnership encourages the use of public transport in Community Rail Week
- 9 Garden centre to host royal treat for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Family-run bridalwear shop closes down after 23 years
Ken and Wyn have done ‘all sorts of jobs’ across Royston, and hardworking Ken retired at the age of 80.
Ken has worked at the funeral directors and as a driver while Wyn has spent time working as a dinner lady and cleaner.