Royston couple overjoyed to celebrate diamond wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple are overjoyed to be celebrating their diamond wedding anniversary.
Wyn and Ken Blows met at a dance at Royston Town Hall back in 1952 when Wyn was 17 and Ken was 22.
After meeting Wyn, Ken was so infatuated he would cycle the half an hour ride from Royston to her home in Abington Pigotts to visit her.
Wyn, 79, said: “It’s lovely to be celebrating this anniversary.
“I didn’t think we’d ever make 60 years, but we did.
You may also want to watch:
“We’ve had a very happy time together.”
More than 50 of the couple’s family and friends turned up to celebrate on Saturday at the Cambridge Motel in Royston, including their son and his family who came all the way from Australia in order to toast the happy pair.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 4 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 5 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 6 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 7 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 8 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Thriplow's Baroness Boothroyd slams government vaccine strategy
Ken and Wyn have done ‘all sorts of jobs’ across Royston, and hardworking Ken retired at the age of 80.
Ken has worked at the funeral directors and as a driver while Wyn has spent time working as a dinner lady and cleaner.