Royston couple celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A couple who met because of a lost coat have just celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary.
Peter and Phyllis Sizeland, of Eastfield Road, Royston, married 60 years ago after a chance meeting at County Hall, Hertford.
Mrs Sizeland, 82, said: “I was working at County Hall at the time in the architects department and Peter was in the police force.
“He came out to investigate the loss of my macintosh, and we hit it off from there.”
The Sizelands have lived in Royston for 22 years. They have six children, 15 grandchildren, and one great grandchild, and celebrated their anniversary with a party at the Old Bull Inn last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
When asked about the key to a long and happy marriage, Mrs Sizeland said: “There is no secret to it, it’s just about having a bit of give and take.”
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 5 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 8 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 9 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 10 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences