Royston couple celebrate 60th wedding anniversary
- Credit: Archant
A couple who met because of a lost coat have just celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary.
Peter and Phyllis Sizeland, of Eastfield Road, Royston, married 60 years ago after a chance meeting at County Hall, Hertford.
Mrs Sizeland, 82, said: “I was working at County Hall at the time in the architects department and Peter was in the police force.
“He came out to investigate the loss of my macintosh, and we hit it off from there.”
The Sizelands have lived in Royston for 22 years. They have six children, 15 grandchildren, and one great grandchild, and celebrated their anniversary with a party at the Old Bull Inn last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
When asked about the key to a long and happy marriage, Mrs Sizeland said: “There is no secret to it, it’s just about having a bit of give and take.”
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people