Royston couple mark 60 years of marriage with Letchworth care home party
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with a family party at a Letchworth care home.
Leonard and Joan Knights married on September 5, 1959, at All Saints Church in Melbourn.
They lived at Ivy Farm in Royston where Leonard worked for nearly 50 years.
The pair raised two daughters, Denise and Maxine, and have four grandchildren.
Leonard and Maxine came to enjoy playing bowls at Royston Bowling Club and spent a lot of time travelling to many countries including Canada, where they would go to visit relatives.
You may also want to watch:
Leonard suffered a spinal stroke three years ago which left him paralysed from the waist down.
He moved temporarily in July to St Catherine's nursing home in Letchworth.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 3 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 4 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 8 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton
- 10 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
They celebrated their diamond wedding with a small party at the home and also received a telegram from the Queen.