Royston couple mark 60 years of marriage with Letchworth care home party
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with a family party at a Letchworth care home.
Leonard and Joan Knights married on September 5, 1959, at All Saints Church in Melbourn.
They lived at Ivy Farm in Royston where Leonard worked for nearly 50 years.
The pair raised two daughters, Denise and Maxine, and have four grandchildren.
Leonard and Maxine came to enjoy playing bowls at Royston Bowling Club and spent a lot of time travelling to many countries including Canada, where they would go to visit relatives.
You may also want to watch:
Leonard suffered a spinal stroke three years ago which left him paralysed from the waist down.
He moved temporarily in July to St Catherine's nursing home in Letchworth.
- 1 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 2 'Outstanding' Royston police officer wins Chief Constable's award
- 3 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 6 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 7 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 8 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Opinion: Uncomfortable home truths about being retirement ready
They celebrated their diamond wedding with a small party at the home and also received a telegram from the Queen.