Royston couple mark 60 years of marriage with Letchworth care home party
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with a family party at a Letchworth care home.
Leonard and Joan Knights married on September 5, 1959, at All Saints Church in Melbourn.
They lived at Ivy Farm in Royston where Leonard worked for nearly 50 years.
The pair raised two daughters, Denise and Maxine, and have four grandchildren.
Leonard and Maxine came to enjoy playing bowls at Royston Bowling Club and spent a lot of time travelling to many countries including Canada, where they would go to visit relatives.
You may also want to watch:
Leonard suffered a spinal stroke three years ago which left him paralysed from the waist down.
He moved temporarily in July to St Catherine's nursing home in Letchworth.
- 1 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 4 Bins sealed shut and rat cull halted on Therfield Heath
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 9 Amateur drama society takes online show to Welwyn Festival
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
They celebrated their diamond wedding with a small party at the home and also received a telegram from the Queen.