Royston couple mark 60 years of marriage with Letchworth care home party
- Credit: Archant
A Royston couple have celebrated their diamond wedding anniversary with a family party at a Letchworth care home.
Leonard and Joan Knights married on September 5, 1959, at All Saints Church in Melbourn.
They lived at Ivy Farm in Royston where Leonard worked for nearly 50 years.
The pair raised two daughters, Denise and Maxine, and have four grandchildren.
Leonard and Maxine came to enjoy playing bowls at Royston Bowling Club and spent a lot of time travelling to many countries including Canada, where they would go to visit relatives.
Leonard suffered a spinal stroke three years ago which left him paralysed from the waist down.
He moved temporarily in July to St Catherine's nursing home in Letchworth.
- 1 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 2 North Herts grass verge cutting to be reduced
- 3 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 6 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 7 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 10 Sue Gray report finds lockdown party behaviour was 'unacceptable'
They celebrated their diamond wedding with a small party at the home and also received a telegram from the Queen.