Royston community stalwarts honoured with awards
- Credit: Archant
Shining stars of Royston’s community were saluted for their work at the annual town meeting.
Among them were artsy couple David and Louise Atkins, who were there to pick up the Community Service Award for services to music and the arts in Royston.
The pair are long standing members of CADS amateur dramatic group and help put on spectacular school performances across town.
Sandra Restall was also presented with an award by Mayor Ben Lewis for her long service on the Royston in Bloom committee.
Samantha Walsh, honoured for services to Royston Swimming Club, was unable to attend.
Numerous societies in the town were also handed community trust fund grants at the meeting.
The success of Royston’s community cinema Picture Palace was also celebrated, with an average of 123 tickets sold per performance out of a possible 134.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Motorist charged with careless driving after motorcyclist injured in crash
- 3 E-fit image of indecent exposure suspect released by police
- 4 Concerns raised as Royston patients travel for booster jabs
- 5 Entrepreneur shortlisted for award after setting up business while managing chronic illness
- 6 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 7 Metal detectorist, 13, explains how she discovered Bronze Age hoards near Royston
- 8 'It was great to see the whole town get in the spirit of Christmas'
- 9 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 10 Room at the inn for 1,000-mile charity trekker