Royston community stalwarts honoured with awards
- Credit: Archant
Shining stars of Royston’s community were saluted for their work at the annual town meeting.
Among them were artsy couple David and Louise Atkins, who were there to pick up the Community Service Award for services to music and the arts in Royston.
The pair are long standing members of CADS amateur dramatic group and help put on spectacular school performances across town.
Sandra Restall was also presented with an award by Mayor Ben Lewis for her long service on the Royston in Bloom committee.
Samantha Walsh, honoured for services to Royston Swimming Club, was unable to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Numerous societies in the town were also handed community trust fund grants at the meeting.
The success of Royston’s community cinema Picture Palace was also celebrated, with an average of 123 tickets sold per performance out of a possible 134.
- 1 New boxing and Muay Thai classes aim to help boost post-lockdown mood
- 2 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 3 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 No business like shire business for Cambridge college
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 8 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 9 Submissions open for Hertfordshire charity photography exhibition
- 10 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre