Royston community stalwarts honoured with awards
- Credit: Archant
Shining stars of Royston’s community were saluted for their work at the annual town meeting.
Among them were artsy couple David and Louise Atkins, who were there to pick up the Community Service Award for services to music and the arts in Royston.
The pair are long standing members of CADS amateur dramatic group and help put on spectacular school performances across town.
Sandra Restall was also presented with an award by Mayor Ben Lewis for her long service on the Royston in Bloom committee.
Samantha Walsh, honoured for services to Royston Swimming Club, was unable to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Numerous societies in the town were also handed community trust fund grants at the meeting.
The success of Royston’s community cinema Picture Palace was also celebrated, with an average of 123 tickets sold per performance out of a possible 134.
- 1 Results in for South Cambs District Council by-election
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 Hospital reopens all operating theatres as waiting lists get longer
- 4 Royston Picture Palace announces cinema's planned reopening date
- 5 Promising Young Woman review: Carey Mulligan shines in Emerald Fennell's outstanding movie
- 6 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
- 7 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 8 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 9 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone