Royston community stalwarts honoured with awards
- Credit: Archant
Shining stars of Royston’s community were saluted for their work at the annual town meeting.
Among them were artsy couple David and Louise Atkins, who were there to pick up the Community Service Award for services to music and the arts in Royston.
The pair are long standing members of CADS amateur dramatic group and help put on spectacular school performances across town.
Sandra Restall was also presented with an award by Mayor Ben Lewis for her long service on the Royston in Bloom committee.
Samantha Walsh, honoured for services to Royston Swimming Club, was unable to attend.
You may also want to watch:
Numerous societies in the town were also handed community trust fund grants at the meeting.
The success of Royston’s community cinema Picture Palace was also celebrated, with an average of 123 tickets sold per performance out of a possible 134.
- 1 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 2 Trial date changed for killer of children's author accused of wife's murder
- 3 Hare coursers damaged farmer's crops in escape bid
- 4 NHS Trust says vaccine figures offer hope as 40 per cent of Lister's patients have COVID-19
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 7 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 8 More people in Herts have been vaccinated than have had COVID-19
- 9 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 10 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn