Royston comeback stuns Knebworth
Knebworth 1 Royston Town Youth 4 Under-13 Division Two ROYSTON under-13s kicked off their league campaign with a good win at Knebworth at the weekend. After a goalless first half in which both keepers made excellent saves, the hosts took the lead with 20
Knebworth 1 Royston Town Youth 4
Under-13 Division Two
ROYSTON under-13s kicked off their league campaign with a good win at Knebworth at the weekend.
After a goalless first half in which both keepers made excellent saves, the hosts took the lead with 20 minutes to go when a ball in from the left was not cleared and the Knebworth striker hit a good shot into the top of the goal.
You may also want to watch:
This seemed to spur Royston on and they were soon level.
A corner from Bradley Sell was not cleared and this allowed captain Sam Edney to fire an unstoppable volley into the top corner.
- 1 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 2 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 7 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 8 Tribute to beloved mum, friend and artist Debbie Horabin
- 9 Political row over South Cambs new town proposal
- 10 Thief pleads guilty to assaulting two people
Soon Royston were ahead as Jack Freeman chased down what seemed a lost cause, won the ball and shot high above the keeper and Royston's third came from Jack Jefferis who picked the ball up in midfield, outpaced the right back and shot low into the far corner.
The scoring was complete when Freeman headed in from another Sell corner.
Edney and Freeman were outstanding at the back as was the midfield of Chamberlain, Whale, Sell, Robson and Jefferis.
Reece Richmond, playing his first ever match, put in an excellent display as did the talented Norcross, while Corey Anderson worked tirelessly up front and could have opened the scoring but for his effort being cleared off the line.
A good all round display by all the boys ensured Royston came back with the three points.