Royston comeback stuns Knebworth
Knebworth 1 Royston Town Youth 4 Under-13 Division Two ROYSTON under-13s kicked off their league campaign with a good win at Knebworth at the weekend. After a goalless first half in which both keepers made excellent saves, the hosts took the lead with 20
Knebworth 1 Royston Town Youth 4
Under-13 Division Two
ROYSTON under-13s kicked off their league campaign with a good win at Knebworth at the weekend.
After a goalless first half in which both keepers made excellent saves, the hosts took the lead with 20 minutes to go when a ball in from the left was not cleared and the Knebworth striker hit a good shot into the top of the goal.
This seemed to spur Royston on and they were soon level.
A corner from Bradley Sell was not cleared and this allowed captain Sam Edney to fire an unstoppable volley into the top corner.
- 1 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 2 Family of patient who died from drug overdose speak out after inquest
- 3 All aboard for Steam at the Hoops festival in Bassingbourn
- 4 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 5 New mayor makes historic market her first stop
- 6 Councillors take the plunge to raise money for Home-Start
- 7 Tesco recalls pastry product over risks to people with nut allergies
- 8 New mayor elected in historic moment for Royston Town Council
- 9 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 10 Royston drama group CADS wins new play award for The Blonde Bombshell at Welwyn festival
Soon Royston were ahead as Jack Freeman chased down what seemed a lost cause, won the ball and shot high above the keeper and Royston's third came from Jack Jefferis who picked the ball up in midfield, outpaced the right back and shot low into the far corner.
The scoring was complete when Freeman headed in from another Sell corner.
Edney and Freeman were outstanding at the back as was the midfield of Chamberlain, Whale, Sell, Robson and Jefferis.
Reece Richmond, playing his first ever match, put in an excellent display as did the talented Norcross, while Corey Anderson worked tirelessly up front and could have opened the scoring but for his effort being cleared off the line.
A good all round display by all the boys ensured Royston came back with the three points.