Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- Credit: WPR
The foodbank at Royston Evangelical Church received part of a £1,350 donation to help families experiencing financial difficulties.
Housebuilder Redrow South Midlands, which is currently building homes at Hedera Gardens on Baldock Road, donated the money to foodbanks across the region.
Jonathan Scott, pastor at Royston Evangelical Church, said: "This year has been difficult for many families in our community.
"We are very glad to have been able to support local people with emergency food packages during these continuing challenging times and we’d like to thank Redrow South Midlands for its kind donation.”
Redrow has also launched an annual community fund where groups can apply for funding for their projects.
You may also want to watch:
Sales director Suzanne Irons said: "As members of the Royston community, we are keen to support the local people, especially during this difficult time where food banks have seen a huge surge in demand."
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre