Royston church fire: Tesco Extra donate to Tots in Church group
- Credit: Archant
Tesco Extra in Royston have donated £500 of store gift vouchers to St John the Baptist Church after a devastating fire.
The cards have been given to the church to replace some of the toys and baby equipment which was used by the Tots in Church group.
Rev Heidi Huntley, family missioner Becca Wilson and group member Jenny Burchell visited the store and were able to choose a variety of toys, baby changing mats, cups and more to enable the toddler group to continue to run.
A festive Tots in Church session will go ahead today as a result, from 9.30am to 11am at the Sports Pavilion in Meridian School.
Since the devastating fire – which happened during the early hours of Sunday, December 9 – a fundraising page has been set up to go towards the cost of restoring it.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations to determine the cause of the fire are ongoing.
To make a donation to the official fundraising page go to mydonate.bt.com and search ‘Royston Parish Church, Herts’ in the charity field.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 4 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 5 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 9 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 10 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch