Royston church fire: Tesco Extra donate to Tots in Church group
- Credit: Archant
Tesco Extra in Royston have donated £500 of store gift vouchers to St John the Baptist Church after a devastating fire.
The cards have been given to the church to replace some of the toys and baby equipment which was used by the Tots in Church group.
Rev Heidi Huntley, family missioner Becca Wilson and group member Jenny Burchell visited the store and were able to choose a variety of toys, baby changing mats, cups and more to enable the toddler group to continue to run.
A festive Tots in Church session will go ahead today as a result, from 9.30am to 11am at the Sports Pavilion in Meridian School.
Since the devastating fire – which happened during the early hours of Sunday, December 9 – a fundraising page has been set up to go towards the cost of restoring it.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations to determine the cause of the fire are ongoing.
To make a donation to the official fundraising page go to mydonate.bt.com and search ‘Royston Parish Church, Herts’ in the charity field.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones set for green, green grass of Newmarket Racecourses
- 2 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 3 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 4 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 5 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 6 Police hunt 36-year-old wanted for harassment and restraining order breaches
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 Access between platforms to be restored at Royston station
- 9 Thatcher returns after 30 years to repair cottage where he met his wife
- 10 Escape the crowds this summer at these places to visit in Hertfordshire