Royston church fire: Tesco Extra donate to Tots in Church group
- Credit: Archant
Tesco Extra in Royston have donated £500 of store gift vouchers to St John the Baptist Church after a devastating fire.
The cards have been given to the church to replace some of the toys and baby equipment which was used by the Tots in Church group.
Rev Heidi Huntley, family missioner Becca Wilson and group member Jenny Burchell visited the store and were able to choose a variety of toys, baby changing mats, cups and more to enable the toddler group to continue to run.
A festive Tots in Church session will go ahead today as a result, from 9.30am to 11am at the Sports Pavilion in Meridian School.
Since the devastating fire – which happened during the early hours of Sunday, December 9 – a fundraising page has been set up to go towards the cost of restoring it.
You may also want to watch:
Investigations to determine the cause of the fire are ongoing.
To make a donation to the official fundraising page go to mydonate.bt.com and search ‘Royston Parish Church, Herts’ in the charity field.
- 1 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 4 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 5 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 6 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 7 'We were lied to' - Residents' dismay as development prompts privacy concerns
- 8 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 9 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 10 Tributes paid to 'greatly respected' coach operator