Royston Christmas fayre helps to get customers spending
- Credit: Archant
The focus of this year’s Royston Christmas fayre was to get people spending again in the town centre.
Tying in with Small Business Saturday, more than 40 stall holders set up shop on the High Street, to encourage customers to shop locally.
Festive revellers were treated to performances from Royston Town Band, the Steel Band and Greneway School Choir.
At 2:30pm children were entertained by Christmas favourite the Punch and Judy show.
Santa pitched up in his grotto for the day’s festivities and a children’s roundabout was open as part of the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Many people took to Twitter to express their enjoyment.
Gifts By Georgie said: “Well done residents of Royston for filling the high street with Christmas spirit, and the church for the mulled wine.” The event coincided with a Frozen sing-along at Picture Palace.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 5 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 6 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 7 Three household waste collection crews suspended
- 8 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown