Royston Christmas fayre helps to get customers spending
- Credit: Archant
The focus of this year’s Royston Christmas fayre was to get people spending again in the town centre.
Tying in with Small Business Saturday, more than 40 stall holders set up shop on the High Street, to encourage customers to shop locally.
Festive revellers were treated to performances from Royston Town Band, the Steel Band and Greneway School Choir.
At 2:30pm children were entertained by Christmas favourite the Punch and Judy show.
Santa pitched up in his grotto for the day’s festivities and a children’s roundabout was open as part of the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Many people took to Twitter to express their enjoyment.
Gifts By Georgie said: “Well done residents of Royston for filling the high street with Christmas spirit, and the church for the mulled wine.” The event coincided with a Frozen sing-along at Picture Palace.
- 1 Drug dealer caught after being pulled over for using phone on A505
- 2 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 3 No Cambridge fireworks display on Midsummer Common this year for Bonfire Night
- 4 11 questions to decide how Royston you are!
- 5 MPs vote on whether raw sewage should continue to be pumped into waterways
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 8 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 9 25-year-old admits Royston drug dealing
- 10 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation