Royston Christmas fayre helps to get customers spending
- Credit: Archant
The focus of this year’s Royston Christmas fayre was to get people spending again in the town centre.
Tying in with Small Business Saturday, more than 40 stall holders set up shop on the High Street, to encourage customers to shop locally.
Festive revellers were treated to performances from Royston Town Band, the Steel Band and Greneway School Choir.
At 2:30pm children were entertained by Christmas favourite the Punch and Judy show.
Santa pitched up in his grotto for the day’s festivities and a children’s roundabout was open as part of the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Many people took to Twitter to express their enjoyment.
Gifts By Georgie said: “Well done residents of Royston for filling the high street with Christmas spirit, and the church for the mulled wine.” The event coincided with a Frozen sing-along at Picture Palace.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton