Royston Christmas fayre helps to get customers spending
- Credit: Archant
The focus of this year’s Royston Christmas fayre was to get people spending again in the town centre.
Tying in with Small Business Saturday, more than 40 stall holders set up shop on the High Street, to encourage customers to shop locally.
Festive revellers were treated to performances from Royston Town Band, the Steel Band and Greneway School Choir.
At 2:30pm children were entertained by Christmas favourite the Punch and Judy show.
Santa pitched up in his grotto for the day’s festivities and a children’s roundabout was open as part of the entertainment.
You may also want to watch:
Many people took to Twitter to express their enjoyment.
Gifts By Georgie said: “Well done residents of Royston for filling the high street with Christmas spirit, and the church for the mulled wine.” The event coincided with a Frozen sing-along at Picture Palace.
- 1 More Royston GP surgeries begin to give COVID-19 vaccinations
- 2 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 3 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 4 COVID-19 figures falling in North Herts and South Cambs
- 5 The bells are back in town!
- 6 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 7 Warning as more residents targeted by scam police calls
- 8 Teen arrested in connection with sexual assault investigation
- 9 Storm Christoph: Prepare for flooding in South Cambs
- 10 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations