Royston Choral Society gears up for the biggest concert in its history
ROYSTON choral society is taking part in the biggest concert in the group s 35-year history. The society has joined forces with Bishops Stortford choral society and the Hertford Symphony Orchestra and will be performing Verdi s Requiem at Thaxted parish c
ROYSTON choral society is taking part in the biggest concert in the group's 35-year history.
The society has joined forces with Bishops Stortford choral society and the Hertford Symphony Orchestra and will be performing Verdi's Requiem at Thaxted parish church on May 15.
A choir of 150 singers will be taking part, and musical director David Boarder said: "Verdi's Requiem is a magnificent and much-loved work. Both choirs have been working very hard to ensure a performance that's memorable for both singers and concert-goers."
To purchase tickets for the concert please contact the Royston choral society on 01763 852107, or the Bishop's Stortford choral society on 01279 830 619.
You may also want to watch:
If there is sufficient demand, buses will be booked to take audience members from Royston to and from the concert. Please call Heather Howard on 01763 249058 by Tuesday May 4 to secure a place.
More details are available at www.roystonchoralsoc.org.uk.
- 1 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 2 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
- 3 Jail for thief who stole scrap metal worth hundreds
- 4 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 5 Arrest made after woman verbally abused in alleyway
- 6 Have your say on Barkway Road development proposal
- 7 Family builds fairy garden for grandchildren during lockdown
- 8 'Community campaigns are making an impact, so have your say on rail link'
- 9 Man who climbed on Tesco freezer jailed for string of offences
- 10 Three household waste collection crews suspended