Royston children take part in cool cooking class with Tesco community champion
- Credit: Archant
Children at a holiday club in Royston got to take part in a seriously cool cooking activity – making ice cream cakes with the town’s Tesco community champion.
Mandy Jinkerson popped into Fair Play Holiday Club help the children cook up a storm.
“We made 56 ice cream cakes with each child helping to weigh, stir and bake the cakes in ice cream cones,” she said. “When they were cool they each decorated a cake to look like a ‘99’ ice cream cone.
“Everyone had great fun selecting their toppings and sauce, the only downside was they had to wait to eat them!”
Fair Play’s deputy manager Eva Heraculeous said the visit went down a treat with children and their parents.
You may also want to watch:
“Every single child enjoyed it,” she said. “They love taking part in different activities and this was very hands-on.
“Mandy comes in several times a year and parents love to see what the children make – and the children love showing off their creations too.”
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court