Royston children take part in cool cooking class with Tesco community champion
- Credit: Archant
Children at a holiday club in Royston got to take part in a seriously cool cooking activity – making ice cream cakes with the town’s Tesco community champion.
Mandy Jinkerson popped into Fair Play Holiday Club help the children cook up a storm.
“We made 56 ice cream cakes with each child helping to weigh, stir and bake the cakes in ice cream cones,” she said. “When they were cool they each decorated a cake to look like a ‘99’ ice cream cone.
“Everyone had great fun selecting their toppings and sauce, the only downside was they had to wait to eat them!”
Fair Play’s deputy manager Eva Heraculeous said the visit went down a treat with children and their parents.
You may also want to watch:
“Every single child enjoyed it,” she said. “They love taking part in different activities and this was very hands-on.
“Mandy comes in several times a year and parents love to see what the children make – and the children love showing off their creations too.”
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange