Royston children’s centre awarded fun day funding
- Credit: Archant
A children’s centre which provides services for families with pre-school children is set to benefit from a grant of £700.
Royston and Villages Children’s Centre, based at Roman Way First School in Royston, was given the cash by North Herts District Council’s Royston and district area committee.
The centre provides services for more than 1,185 children aged under five who are registered with the centre. They plan to use the grant to help towards the cost of hosting a free community Fun in the Park Day on Saturday, June 21, in Priory Memorial Gardens to raise awareness of the range of services offered locally.
“The event also aims to provide family games and activities, and arts and crafts.
Cllr Bill Davidson, vice-chairman of the area committee, said: “The Fun Day is a great way for the community to find out what services are available locally for people with younger children. At the same time the event encourages families within the Royston community to come together and have a really enjoyable day out.”
Manager at Royston and Villages Children’s Centre Heather Gay said: “We are so grateful to the district council for awarding us this grant and enabling us to provide a fun, community event for the families of Royston and the surrounding villages.
“Our centre has strong partnerships with local services such as pre-schools, child-minders, Homestart and many others which help and support families with children under the age of five.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 8 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
“Fun in the Park is wonderful way to link these services together and show the families in our area exactly what we do.”