Royston children’s centre awarded fun day funding
- Credit: Archant
A children’s centre which provides services for families with pre-school children is set to benefit from a grant of £700.
Royston and Villages Children’s Centre, based at Roman Way First School in Royston, was given the cash by North Herts District Council’s Royston and district area committee.
The centre provides services for more than 1,185 children aged under five who are registered with the centre. They plan to use the grant to help towards the cost of hosting a free community Fun in the Park Day on Saturday, June 21, in Priory Memorial Gardens to raise awareness of the range of services offered locally.
“The event also aims to provide family games and activities, and arts and crafts.
Cllr Bill Davidson, vice-chairman of the area committee, said: “The Fun Day is a great way for the community to find out what services are available locally for people with younger children. At the same time the event encourages families within the Royston community to come together and have a really enjoyable day out.”
You may also want to watch:
Manager at Royston and Villages Children’s Centre Heather Gay said: “We are so grateful to the district council for awarding us this grant and enabling us to provide a fun, community event for the families of Royston and the surrounding villages.
“Our centre has strong partnerships with local services such as pre-schools, child-minders, Homestart and many others which help and support families with children under the age of five.
- 1 Crews tackle fires in residential street and industrial area
- 2 Police dog helps track down bike stolen in South Cambs
- 3 Who are our North Herts candidates for Local Elections 2021?
- 4 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 5 IWM Duxford set to reopen fully and new flying days announced
- 6 CCTV appeal after large amount of criminal damage to secured yard
- 7 Melbourn ward by-election 2021: Who are the candidates?
- 8 'We have a huge task on our hands, but The Pheasant will fly again'
- 9 Second Gladman planning application for fields near Therfield Heath rejected
- 10 New headteacher appointed for King James Academy Royston
“Fun in the Park is wonderful way to link these services together and show the families in our area exactly what we do.”