Royston chemical firm Johnson Matthey celebrates 200th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Royston chemical firm Johnson Matthey is celebrating 60 years spent at its current site in the town – and a whopping two centuries in business.
The firm has around 2,000 employees in Royston and has been holding celebrations around the globe to commemorate 200 years.
At the site in Orchard Road there was live music, an inflatable fun area with items such as bungee runs and Sumo suits, a street market offering different foods from across the globe, side stalls, ice cream vans and coconut shies.
During Wednesday’s event there was also a large marquee showcasing some of the science activities that are used for children’s school tours, along with photos, posters and artefacts from the past.
Site planning and services director John Gourd said: “200 years in business is an incredible milestone for Johnson Matthey and all of us here at our Royston site are excited to have celebrated with our 13,000 colleagues around the world to mark this important event.”
You may also want to watch:
For more on Johnson Matthey see www.matthey.com.
- 1 Pre-school plots Pyjamarama fundraising day for book charity
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Royston Community Health to close as hospital hub plan deemed unattainable
- 4 'We are bursting with excitement to welcome community back into our pubs!'
- 5 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 6 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 7 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 8 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 9 Royston Town Council by-election: Meridian ward result
- 10 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab