Royston chemical firm Johnson Matthey celebrates 200th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Royston chemical firm Johnson Matthey is celebrating 60 years spent at its current site in the town – and a whopping two centuries in business.
The firm has around 2,000 employees in Royston and has been holding celebrations around the globe to commemorate 200 years.
At the site in Orchard Road there was live music, an inflatable fun area with items such as bungee runs and Sumo suits, a street market offering different foods from across the globe, side stalls, ice cream vans and coconut shies.
During Wednesday’s event there was also a large marquee showcasing some of the science activities that are used for children’s school tours, along with photos, posters and artefacts from the past.
Site planning and services director John Gourd said: “200 years in business is an incredible milestone for Johnson Matthey and all of us here at our Royston site are excited to have celebrated with our 13,000 colleagues around the world to mark this important event.”
You may also want to watch:
For more on Johnson Matthey see www.matthey.com.
- 1 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 2 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 3 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 4 No Olympic medal for Daniel Goodfellow after synchronized diving heartbreak
- 5 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Learning pod built at one of the UK's smallest schools thanks to £1,000 donation
- 8 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 9 Safety improvement works on dangerous A505 junction to start this month
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan passed to 'secure the best' for Foxton