Royston chemical firm Johnson Matthey celebrates 200th anniversary
- Credit: Archant
Royston chemical firm Johnson Matthey is celebrating 60 years spent at its current site in the town – and a whopping two centuries in business.
The firm has around 2,000 employees in Royston and has been holding celebrations around the globe to commemorate 200 years.
At the site in Orchard Road there was live music, an inflatable fun area with items such as bungee runs and Sumo suits, a street market offering different foods from across the globe, side stalls, ice cream vans and coconut shies.
During Wednesday’s event there was also a large marquee showcasing some of the science activities that are used for children’s school tours, along with photos, posters and artefacts from the past.
Site planning and services director John Gourd said: “200 years in business is an incredible milestone for Johnson Matthey and all of us here at our Royston site are excited to have celebrated with our 13,000 colleagues around the world to mark this important event.”
You may also want to watch:
For more on Johnson Matthey see www.matthey.com.
- 1 Cambs police crack down on county lines drugs offences
- 2 Royston's George Crotty selected by GB for World Boxing Championships
- 3 Inside Country Boarding for Cats and Dogs: Award-winning kennels' labour of love
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drugs offence after two warrants issued
- 5 MP survey slams East West Rail for 'lacklustre' consultation
- 6 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 7 Ewan's handiwork sees him give back to his old school with help of charity
- 8 Pupils wish villagers a happy harvest with afternoon tea
- 9 Group of mums and dad in wig go the distance for wheelchair charity
- 10 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals